Sunday, August 30, 2020

Another hike...

Wow... and there's another one...

And another one!

Oh hello... I was just noticing that there are a tonne of black slugs out today. That's like #5 and #6 that I've seen so far... We are out on a different hike today searching for the headwaters of a waterfall...

I thought it would be from this water reservoir but...

It is quite bone dry.

I wonder if the waterfall is still running then? Will have to explore...

Going to follow this trail...

And step around the black slugs everywhere...

A fork in the trail... we are going left.

And a salal bush growing in a cedar... cool!

Wait... do you hear it? I hear it!

The waterfall is right over there! Still running... huh...

This may be a mystery for Sherlock Sandy... The Case of the Mysterious Waterfall...

But today we are going to poke along some more trails trying to link up with another one that we know of... and... someone left their full doggie doo doo bag.

I must remember to ask Droopy about this and maybe Little Fox (since he has a dog)... Perhaps he can explain why humans see fit to leave these bags lying around the bush?? Do I look like a Doggy Doo Doo Beary Fairy? We picked it up anyhow and carried it out... hmph....

Oooh... we found a cool overhang here... not quite a cave but still beary neat.

This looks more cavish... but just a deep cleft. 

Did you know there are caves on Vancouver Island? I want to go and explore them some time (you have to do a tour)...

Well... that's it for our hike today... we looped back to our starting point and... put the doggie doo doo bag in the garbage. Hmph...


4 comments:

  1. A doggy doo doo bag. How uncivilized (the humans I mean) of them to not put it in the trash where it belongs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would not believe how many of these we see in the bush... sigh.

      Delete
  2. I have no explanation for the dog bags. I always make my human carry Sequoia's bag back to the car and a proper trash bin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... some canine caretakers are just strange. There's one stretch of trail we walk where some regular dog walker bags up the poop and then flings the full baggies into the bush. In the winter you can see them all hanging off of the shrubbery... humans are strange sometimes...

      Delete