Friday, August 28, 2020

A Tiny Hike

Today we are going on a tiny little hike. This was an old home back in the day and when the owners died, they donated it to the regional district for a park. All that's left here is the foundation of the house.

It looks like they have some fruit trees back there...

And over here is quite a meadow. Apparently they kept a few sheep and cows when they lived here.

There's even a little back-40 area where there is a creek... which is dangerous... cause the banks could collapse.

Huh... these look like hazelnut bushes/trees... will have to come back here in the fall.

And more fruit trees...

This could be a good place for back alley fruit collecting!

The creek is down there somewhere...

Ah, here we go... must be a good place for doggies to splash around.

Well, this is nice... they have mowed a path through the meadow. No soggy boots for this little bear!

OMG... it's a wild columbine!!! Cool... it's the first one I've seen down here on the island...

So pretty...

I think this is a great place to walk dogs but...

Not much to hold the interest of a little bear... still... it's a hike!

Which means I get my post-hike brownie treat! I like this new routine!!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun hike... I'm begging my mom to take me outside.

    The brownie looks delicious!!

    Hey, is something wrong with your left boot? It looks a little odd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... I think it was just twisted down or something... I was trying to balance on one leg and don't balance well...

      Delete
  2. That brownie looks delicious. I like your backpack, is there adequate space for a little bear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely... and an otter and a few other stuffie pals...

      Delete