Saturday, August 8, 2020

More Mail!

More mail! Wow... I am one lucky bear!! This looks like a card from Beanie Mouse... one of his world-famous recycled envelopes...

See... this is Greeting Card #1566...

But... while I might tend to think it is a Beanie Mouse card...

The handwriting on the front says differently... and the stamps, of course, which are from the US!

Sooo... who is it from?

Ooh... nice card... Haultain Fish & Chips... that sounds yummy!

Although I did notice... there is no mention of salmon on this menu... which is a bit odd...

Plus... the prices seem rather cheap!

Ooohhh... it's a card from the Ministry of Puzzles... another clue for Sherlock Sandy... just one mo...

Ah-hem... Sherlock Sandy here...

Yes, I know... my wardrobe outfitter is busy elsewhere... so, today, Sherlock Sandy is in flip-flops...

Anyhow... "Where would you be if you wanted to order something from this beary delicious menu?"...

Hmmm... well... given that it is a Beanie Mouse creation, I would tend to guess Brighton... but... the prices are in $ which means it is possibly from Canada, USA, Australia or... a few other places... a Google Search would be useful... What did Sherlock ever do before Google?

Well... go figure... Haultain Fish & Chips is just down the road in Victoria, BC! Must make a mental note to visit there and have a taste test... It's in a residential area, off the beaten path... I wonder what their prices are like nowadays??

Well... that's not too bad... Prices have gone up a bit but... that doesn't include the chips bit... that is extra. Although... I am drooling now!

Thanks for the puzzle, Ministry of Puzzles!!


8 comments:

  1. An edible puzzle...now, that's something I can get behind 100%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... I think, to really give this case the attention it fully deserves, we need a field trip. ***stares hard at the human***

      Delete
  2. Fish and chips? Sounds like a good plan to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked at Haultain's menu and you weren't kidding about it being a tad spendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very spendy... When Rose and her Mom were visiting Gramma's, then went on a field trip to a place called Smile's. Back in the day, they had the BEST fish 'n' chips... It's still a nice place to go...

      Delete