Thursday, June 11, 2020

Another Sunrise Scouting Expedition

Hullo! Today I am scouting out another potential Summer Solstice sunrise location. There's a wee trail here...

Let's see where it takes me!

It actually looks more like a deer trail... although...

There is evidence of human activity here.

This business of garbage in the woods is depressing... but I made sure Mama picked up that bottle...

The trail kicked off to the side, so we are going to follow it as the trees look like they are opening up.

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Ah-hah! An open area!!

Oh well... this is definitely a nice view!!

What is that opening behind me? Good question...

Let's take a look... 

Uh-huh... just as I thought... a garbage collection site for Tim Horton's drinkers. Hmph!

Obviously this is a bit of a party spot...

And the view is certainly worth it...

I poked a bit along the top of the cliff but this chain link fence makes photos a bit of a challenge.

Unless... the camera gets stuck through a hole and then... it's not too bad.

Oooh... and then there's this spot!! Nicely framed by trees...

I think this might be my favourite...

What do you think?

I don't think you can see it but Mt. Baker is just off my right ear...

See it??? That palest of smudges?

How about now?

There it is!!! Whew...

And look... we found a waaaayyyy better trail heading in and out of this place...

That'll make it much easier to find in the dark of morning... to catch a sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment