Friday, June 5, 2020

Sunrise Adventure

I got up beary early this morning (5:15 am) because I wanted to scope out a possible sunrise viewing spot on an east-facing cliff area. It's just off the road and looks beary close...

And there even seems to be a trail down there... of sorts.

Oh and look... the just-past-full-moon is still up. Hello moon!

Alright... I'll just scramble down here.

And er... hack through the undergrowth... where did that trail go?

I must be vaguely on the right course... there's a bit of flagging...

And... huh... this is not what I was expecting.

 I think the spot we want is probably further west but... the sun is about to come up... so I'll make do with this spot.

 You can tell exactly where the sun is going to come up by that column of glowing light...

Almost there...

Wait for it...

And there it is!

Beary cool...

 I then bushwhacked a bit farther west and this is a nice view too but... I think we'll have to come back and try even further west...

8 comments:

  1. Now THAT's worth getting up early for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunrise! Hopeful start to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sunrise. Did you stop at Timmies on the way home for donuts and coffee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err... no... stopped at Starbucks for a chocolate chunk brownie!

      Delete
  4. I don't think we have that brownie down here. Perhaps a trip north to get me some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. huh? Really? It is soon yummy especially warmed up...

      Delete