Sunday, June 7, 2020

Short Hike

Hullo... we are visiting a small little park which apparently has great sunrise views! I am on the hunt for a good sunrise location because the summer solstice is coming up and... I want to get up super early (like super early)... and see it from a good vantage point.

This trail looks like it heads uphill...

Oh look, a little mushroom poking through the moss.

Is a bad mushroom too... Fliegen Pilz in German and... Fly Agaric in English we think...

And here's another one... 

I'm seeing some sunshine as we head upslope...

Well, this isn't a bad location but... I'm almost in somebody's backyard!

This little park is on a rocky knoll with houses down below and I guess their backyards come up to the rocky knoll...

These people even have a hot tub... I think this is a bit too public for my tastes!

Oh... nice... some honeysuckle!!

And some more of the little orchids... oh... wait... I don't think I've blogged about them yet... these are orchids! Not like the lady slipper ones... these are Western Coralroot... cool...

And here we have a Liquorice Slug... I don't think they're really called that... let me check...

Ah yes... these are called... wait for it... Black Slug (a.k.a. Large Black Slug or Arion ater). Huh... go figure.

They are native to Europe and invasive in BC and the US Pacific Northwest. Which means I should probably step on it and squish it but... sigh... it's a happy little slug so... I'll just leave it.

Finally... I think this might be an archaeological discovery called Stacked Stones... I wonder what Little Fox, my archaeological pal thinks of this...

(N.B. This post was created using the New & Improved Blogger Interface... grumble... don't like new things...)

8 comments:

  1. I don't like new things either. Unless it's hotels or vacation destinations or food!!!!! We're getting the new interface "forcibly introduced" at the end of June apparently. Not looking forward to it........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont get me started on the new interface. Stacked rocks? Yes, let me consult my archeology text books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes forever to load pictures... I have to look at something else or it drives me nuts...

      Delete
  3. Did you take a dip in the hot tub?

    That slug is...uh... very slug-like xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nooo... stuffie fur and hot tub chemicals do not mix... I'm just glad slugs aren't like... bigger...

      Delete