Thursday, December 21, 2023

An Urgent Mission to Jasper

Sigh...


Oh hello. Yes, it's me, Little Fox...

Home alone. I could get into a bunch of mischief... apparently the neighbours have a flock of 6 backyard chickens that need some activity but...

Actually, I am here to tell a tale...

You see... last week we got a postcard from the Rockies... a beary nice postcard.

Who was it from? Oh... you'll never believe this...

I'm not going to tell you. Nope... you'll have to wait and see...

But I will say this... Sandy dropped everything and hared off to Vancouver. Quickest way to Jasper... well... you'll see... he sent photos... As to why am I not going with him? Well... someone has to stay here and hold down the fort. And... well... you'll see... I do get a cool adventure out of this...

Sandy's Trip to Jasper

Hullo! I am off on the ferry!! As LF probably told you... we got a postcard from Jasper and I am heading there tout-suite! That means "right now"...

It's a glorious day for a ferry ride!

There's Vancouver already...

We are getting close... so I will talk to you again when we are in Vancouver...

Shhh... we are at the Vancouver Public Library... hanging out while we wait to catch my ride to Jasper.

Lotos pretty skyscrapers down here.... and... OK... we're off to the SkyTrain!

And we got off here... it's the old Pacific Central Train Station... I am taking the train to Jasper!!!!

OMG... so excited... this is what it looks like inside...

That's where we have to go to get checked in...

And that's where Economy class passengers have to wait but... I am a Sleeper Plus class!

With a special waiting room and fancy (or not) snacks!

Here's the end of the train. It's called The Canadian and it goes all the way across the country - from Vancouver to Toronto - takes 4 days and $$$$.

Each of the trains has a name...

Vive la Canada!

Righto, all aboard!



Are we moving yet??? No...

This is where I get to sit... there is another bench facing this one and together they fold down at night to make a bed. There's also a pull-down bed above. But only curtains separating you from the corridor... still... Economy class just have seats and this is a lonngggg ride!

Ah!! We're moving... at 3:00 sharp... right on time!!

We are going to explore later...

Hmmm... 4 minutes out of the station and we stopped moving... sigh... this is probably why it takes 19 hours!

And here we are... this is one of the dome cars...

In this class, we get free champagne!


And a great view from the dome car!


We can still see Vancouver... sigh... we'll get moving again soon... I hope...

***a couple of hours later***

Alright... we got moving again... but it got dark beary fast...

They had a yummy, three-course meal with cheesecake for dessert... and while we were eating... the car attendant turned down our bed for us! Yes, that is a mint chocolate left on the pillow.

I know I am going to sleep well here!

As for why I am traveling to Jasper in the first place... stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. A mysterious postcard from Jasper and a last minute train trip. What are you up to? Plus LF is in charge of the house? This could get interesting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it gets interesting... stay tuned for December 27 post where all is revealed...

      Delete