Thursday, May 28, 2020

A Surprise Discovery... actually... Two!

Good morning... we are out for our early morning exercise stroll... Did you hear about the Spanish guy who got a ticket for walking his stuffed dog? Sacrilegious I say!! Stuffies need exercise too you know... Anyhow... we aren't under such a cruel state of emergency sooo... off we go!

Cool... the new sword fern fronds are unfolding themselves...

They look kind of like elephant trunks right now.

Beary cool!

We also came across some wild bleeding hearts...

Spring is full of flowers this year.

And then... this interesting bit of growth... a tree branch growing around the chain link fence... hmmm....

I wonder if that hurts the tree?

Or maybe it heals itself?

Wow, even this bigger tree has grown around it.

You can barely see the chainlink anymore, just the scare on the front... and where it disappears into the side of the tree. I'm guessing that these trees aren't going to make it if the tree comes down!

Oooh... what's that up in the tree just above human eye-height? It looks like a bird nest. Do you think?

I wonder if there are any eggs in it...

I can't quite see... let's get a remote shot with the camera... and....

WHOOPS!! Sorry!!!!!!

Just as we took that pic, the mother robin came back and was chirping madly from a tree, with a worm in her mouth too! We scampered away as she flew ahead of us... I wonder why there's only one little bird in her nest...

That was cool but a really odd location for a nest as there are lots of dog walkers who use this trail and that nest is not very high up the tree at all!

Stay tuned for the second part of our walk discovery!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my...that news article is something else. I wonder if my human would get in trouble for walking me in public, or just get strange looks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive tree growing around and in the chainlink. I think you should liberate the tree of the chain link fence. Do you have any good wire cutters? Liberating the tree from it's chainlink would be a good post for a little bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... I think it's a fence around the SPCA property sooo... much as I would like to save the trees... we don't want to contribute to any random dogs managing to escape... do we? Although... it could be like a raid where I go in the dark of night, break through the fence and liberate all the dogs from their vile incarceration... what think you?

      Delete
  3. Wow, those ferns are cool! I have never seen them growing in that stage before. They certainly do look like swords. Maybe you can pick one up and challenge someone to a duel.

    That tree growing through the fence is amazing! Thank you for sharing these bearing interesting discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ajdin! The ferns are beary cool this year... or maybe I'm just walking more and noticing the cool stages... hmmm...

      Delete