Friday, January 24, 2020

On the Hunt for More Art Deco....

Oooh... look at this!! This is the Queen's Printers building... I don't think it's... what's that? My head is in the way?

Are you saying I have a fat head? No... OK good!

OK... good?

Anyhow - the Queen's Printers building is not art deco but still pretty cool. I wonder what happens when the Queen goes and Prince Charles takes over... Does it become the King's Printers?

And here we have 780 Blanshard Street, built 1939-1940... for the B.C. Power Commission... it's apparently a great example of art deco architecture... hmmm...

It was recently bought and apparently they are going to turn it into a hotel... huh... go figure.

It's pretty enough I guess... but not my favourite...

Although... one entrance had this cool mural...

See... cool mural!

There are pictures of animals and plants... It's the Wildlife Diversity mural - apparently the Ministry of the Environment, Lands and Parks used to have offices here too. Cool... Can you see the bear?

Oh, what's that in the distance? That looks cool!

Not the building behind me, that's just the Law Courts... the one way back over to the right of my ear...

It's a massive cathedral! Ooooh... pretty...

It's Christ Church Cathedral (Anglican)... built 1923 and in the years following... as money became available.

It's quite an imposing entrance...

I wonder what it looks like inside?

Oooh... quite impressive...

And... some random bear shots!

This one's made out of driftwood pieces - cool!

More adventures coming...

4 comments:

  1. I like the random bear photos. Next time you are in Victoria check out the bear in front of the Royal Scott Hotel. He's a good looking bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really beary cool! No art deco sightings here yet

    ReplyDelete