Monday, November 6, 2023

A Puzzle for a Fox!

 We had another rain day so I asked LF if he likes to do jigsaw puzzles.

"Mmmm... not so sure about that... but... hey!..."


"This looks familiar!!!"

"Wait a minute... I know the Shilo Inn!"
You do????

"Yes! See... this is not a generic "seaside" puzzle... this is "Seaside, Oregon"!"

"That's just down the road, around the corner and up the coast from where I live. I've been there!!!"

"See, there's the Tillamook Lighthouse!"


All those numbers on the puzzle have explanations on the back too!

Alright... we'll watch while you sort...

Done already? Wow... ok... sandy bits, edge pieces, some tree bits...

"I think this is ocean and sky over here..."

Well, we need the edge done too before we can get started!

Righto... let's get going...

Hey LF, what's going on? Are you stuck?
"Yes, I'm looking for the pieces for the Wreck of the Peter Iredale... there's a big gaping hole where that should be... We visited there once!"

OK... well, I'll keep working down here!

" Finally!!! I found the fourth and last piece... that was hard!"

OK... well, I'll keep working on the sandy bits...

Errr... LF? Are you OK?
***shuddering snore...***

I think puzzling might not be LF's thing... 

All done!!! And LF has rolled over and is still snoring...

Note to self... no more puzzles while LF is here!

4 comments:

  1. Puzzles are fun...especially if there are good (and numerous) snacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but not sticky snacks... puzzles don't work well with sticky fingers.

      Delete
  2. Baxter here.A seaside oregon puzzle, was the Tillamook ice cream factory in the puzzle???? I can't believe you have that puzzle up there.
    The rain isn't stopping anytime down here...sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there seems to have been a spate of USA Dowdles donated to some thrift stores. Lots to work through!

      Delete