Monday, August 1, 2022

Sandy's Back Home!!!

 Psst... Sandy??? Are you awake???

Psst!!!!

**grumble... snort... mrfles**


Sandy??? Come on... it's been 48 hours already!!
**grumble... grr... waaaaaayyyy...**

I see those little beady eyes!! You're awake!!!
***grrrr... yawn.... oooo kaaaayyyy***

mmm... what time is it?? Ugh... yawn... I am soooo tired!!!!


OK... so you know how I went to visit Jerry & Ben (@jerryandbenadventures)? Well... I left on my return flight in late June... but due to flight delays, I got routed through New York and... OMG... the Dept of Homeland Security has some serious issues!!

They weren't happy with my papers and I had to go BACK to Jerry and Ben's who then had to vouch for me that I wasn't some rabid terrorist bear... and then I embarked on the whole flight thing again. Between the flight delays (you've read the news) and the paperwork... well... it took me almost a month to get home!!! Anyhow... I am out seriously exhaustipated little bear!! But I had an AWESOME time with J&B... I've got photos too...

But first, let's unpack... I came back with a tonne of brochures for cool places...

We went and saw petroglyphs!


And the Dignity statue!!


That was super cool! We'd read about that one... so it was nice to see it in bearson.

And yes, I did get to meet Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox!

We went to some museums too...

Seriously... we did TONNES of stuff! And I was only there for 2 weeks or so!!

But the uber-est coolest thing is... my passport!

I wasn't able to travel a lot (hardly not at all!) during Covid...

But now... look!! I got new stamps!!! Oh yeah... and I got stuck in customs coming into the US too... sigh... we little bears must look beary, beary dangerous to humans!

We went and saw Pipestone National Monument!

See... I got some cool stamps and stickers!

And we went to the Badlands!

They gave out lots of stamps!

And we went to Mount Rushmore as well!

There were some strange people at Mount Rushmore...

And we went to the Petroglyphs and a First Nations show.

Soooo much fun! I've got photos... next blog!

And we got some general stickers too. Did you know Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 Lakes? Ah-hem... I just wanted to say that Manitoba is known as the Land of 100,000 Lakes. Not that we're competitive up here in Canada... noooooo!

And that only covers a smidgen of what we did. I saw Bison too!!! And drove through a rock tunnel!

Oh, what's this? Oh yeah... a postcard from the stave church, Chapel in the Hills, near Rapid City, SD. That was cool too!!! The church has dragons on it!

Ah, it's a note from J&B! Awww... they included a little surprise for Mama.

This little heart-shaped rock is from the headwaters of the Mississippi River... it was more like a creek, let me tell you. Just a baby Mississippi!

Whew... Okay... what else... oh yeah!!!

I came back with a cool football sweater!!! I can wear it during the Grey Cup!! (That's the Canadian equivalent of the Super Bowl)...


And... I went and saw the Minnesota Twins play (that's baseball)... and I got a ball cap!!!

What do you think? The TC stands for Twin Cities (I had to look that up)... cause there's Minneapolis and St. Paul... they are twin cities.


Sometimes it's hard to know how to wear these things...

Do you pull it down? Can't see nothing!

Or more like this...

Do you find that ball caps mess up your hair? I find that they mess up my ears! Anyhow, let's get this sweater off... it's too hot for a sweater!

And... let's... seeeeee...zzeeezzzeeze....

And... he's out like a light...

Jet lag you know... and travelling for almost a month... that'll do it to you!

14 comments:

  1. You got SOOOOO many stamps in your passport!!!! And stickers too?? I didn't know they allowed those!!! We'll have to look out for those over here now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they allowed stickers too! But they are super cool!

      Delete
  2. WHAT A GRAND ADVENTURE.

    Did you have enough snacks during that month of traveling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ajdin!! Let's not talk about snacks in Economy class. Hmph... pretzels don't do much for a little bear you know!

      Delete
  3. Welcome home! Time to rest up.. then plan your next adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've got adventures planned! Still jet-lagged though... this little bear needs lots of naps... and honey... and salmon. For strength-building you know.

      Delete
    2. And he has to catch up on his mail.......

      Delete
  4. Welcome back. Is that 100,000 lakes number using the metric system?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errr... good question! Noooo... although... when is a lake a lake and not like a pond... or a puddle...??

      Delete
  5. Awesome adventure. Next time have Momma spring for 1st class, not economy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... budget cuts. Ridiculous! Although, J&B did buy me an upgrade but that still doesn't help with the Dept of Homeland Security... and Customs...

      Delete
  6. Wow, what an amazing trip! And so many souvenirs! You are a lucky bear...even if it took you so long to get home...

    Hats can be a little tricky to wear. I find there's a "sweet spot" as to how high/low you wear it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun! And so many cool souvenirs! Yes, hats have a definite sweet spot... I am still looking for mine.

      Delete
  7. Ugh, that return flight, so emBEARasing! If only stuffies were in charge of everything, that would have never happened!

    ReplyDelete