Sunday, September 18, 2022

Traipsing Down Fairy Door Lane in Search of a Mouse

 Alrighty... I just gotta say... Fairy Door Lane is super long!!! I'm losing track already but so far, no gnomes! Let's keep going!


Gnomes? Nope...

Nooo...

No Gnome Home here...

Awww... super cute!!! I got my hopes up but... no...

Let's keep going...

Are you counting??? I've lost count... let me think... OK... this is #10... should only be a couple more!

And... this is no gnome home either... or no gnome at home... or whatever!

Annndddd.... #12... A Gnome Home??? Wait... you're not a gnome!!!

"Excellent perception fur face!!! I'm a fairy!!! The gnomes are farther that way!!"

Huh... fur face... huh... no gnomes here.

Oh.. .wait!!!! A Gnome!!!!!

"No... big ears! I'm an Elf!!!" 
Well Mr. Elf... can you tell me where the gnomes are???
"Further that way!"

Big ears? Fur Face? Huh... these forest denizens are a little cranky! I wonder if they get too many tourists asking directions!! Anyhow...

Onwards... still no gnomes!!!

And... none here either... sigh...

That's 17 Fairy Doors and... not a single gnome... I hope there are more over there or we're going to have to backtrack and see if we missed some!

Cute window... but still no Gnome home.

I'm getting tirrreeddd!!!!

Are we there yet????

This little owl carving knew nothing... sigh.

Nor that one.

Seriously... how many doors are there??? This is #21!!!

Nada...

Nichts...

Nope... and this one says only Fairies Welcome... I wonder... where can the gnomes be??

Not here either.

Oh come on... please... there must be a gnome here somewhere!

Maybe that rat gave me bad advice... although... the fairy and the elf said they were here too... but can you really trust them?

Oh... a hobbit door!!! 

Oh... wait... hark... what do I see????!!!!

Err... are you two fellows gnomes (always better to ask than to assume!).

"Why yes we are!!!"

Ummm... where did your doors go?

"Those stinking little fairies!!! They fly around and steel our hand-crafted doors!!!"

Oh geez... ummm... well... I was wondering... have you seen a mouse around here... a Beanie Mouse??"

"Oh that little thing! Yes we have!! He's down by the beach and he's been moaning for days about being lost and some tsunami thing and goodness knows!"

Alright, well thank you very much. Sorry about your doors! Bye!!!

OK... I just gotta say... a Fairy Rave and now they steal doors??? Who knew???!!! Anyone... we're almost at the beach!

Here we are ! Boy it's brisk today!

Big waves...

Now... let's find Cocoa!!!

Hmmm... big beach... I shoulda brought some cheese!!! Cocooooooooooaaaaa!!!!!

It is really quite windy... maybe he's hiding in a little niche here... Cocooooaaaaa!!!!

Ya know... I can barely hear my own voice, it's soooo windy!

Oh wait... look over there... that looks like a perfect little mouse hole!!!

See!!??

Cocoa?? Are you in there??? Let me just yell a bit.... Coocccccoooaaaaaa Beeeeannnnniieeeeeee!!!!!!

"Geez already, no need to yell!!! And who are you calling for Cocoa???"

Er... what? Who?

It's a mouse... (brilliant Sherlock!)... but... it's NOT Cocoa!!!

Ummm... you're not Cocoa.
"You got that right bud! Who the heck are you? Calling for Cocoa??"
My name is Sandy Bear... well Alexander Mackenzie Bear really... Sometimes Sherlock Sandy but... I know Cocoa Beanie!! I found him on a beach a few years back! After the Mouse Island Tsunami! But... who are you???"

"YOU KNOW COCOA!!!!!???"
***That mouse has a voice, let me tell you***
Well, yes... and I know Jelly Beanie (also found on a beach north of here) and I know Beanie Mouse... and then there's String Beanie and Kidney Beanie and..."
"YOU KNOW THE BEANIE CLAN!!??!!! Well, let me introduce myself... I'm Navy Beanie!!!"

GASP!!! 

TO BE CONTINUED!!

(For those now in the know... when we found Cocoa Beanie, he was lamenting the loss, during the tsunami of his best bud... Navy Beanie!)


6 comments: