Sunday, September 25, 2022

A Meadow Hike

Hullo!!! I'm out for a little hike today while Navy Beanie takes a well-deserved rest. He's a bit worn around the edges you know... living rough for so long! Anyhow... I was expecting this meadow to be lush and tall with grasses but... it was mowed about 3 weeks ago!!!


Along the edge, there are still tonnes of yummy blackberries!

This is a pretty little view, isn't it?

This is a favourite dog-walking meadow but there weren't that many out today.

I have to say, it's so much easier to walk here when it's not overgrown with grass! I can actually see where I'm going!

At the far end of the meadow is a super old fence... with cool fence posts.

All covered in lichen and stuff

But just beyond that old fence is a newer fence with electric wires... can you see in the background...

There's cows there!!

I keep hoping that I'll find a way to connect this meadow trail with the little top of the ridge trail we do from the other direction... but so far... no luck.

Maybe next time... this little bear is NOT going to get stapped by standing too close to an electrified fence!

But I will sit here and just soak up the sun for a bit. It's getting cooler at night and the wind was blowing fierce today. But this is a nice sheltered spot. (This was an early September adventure too!)

And in this patch you can see the grass growing back faster... must be a wet spot!

Can you see me???

Heh-heh... this would be a hide-'n-'seek spot!!! 

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic hike! You could definitely hide in the grass there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It's fun to hide... as long as you don't get lost!

      Delete