Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Navy Beanie's Story

(For part 1... see previous blog post...)

OMG... you are Navy Beanie?????!!!


***ED Note... we had to have a word with Navy because his language was quite salty... and this is a family friendly blog***

"Yes, I am!! I've been searching for a long time for my Beanie Cousins!"

"And now... I meet you... and you know a tonne of them!!"

Well... er... yes... I've met quite a few... maybe not Kidney Beanie... but...

***sobbing mouse embraces stunned bear***

OK... give us a minute here... eh!

***after Navy recovers***

"It's been soooo long!!! And I've been hoping to find one of my Beanie mouse cousins!"

"I lived in here for a while... but it gets way too much wind!"

Ummm... yes, I could see that. It's not very deep either."

"And then there was this spot... it's more like my summer abode but... I tell ya... the rats and gnomes here are cranky!"

Oh yes... we've met some of them... the fairies don't seem too nice either!

"Nope... it's been beary lonely here... but let me show you where I washed up..."

"See... over there is the west and Cocoa and I were hanging onto a piece of flotsam and I thought I could paddle us around that headland but... it didn't work!!"

"I thought we'd end up in this little bay..."

"But we ended up on these rocks!"

"And Cocoa lost his hold and disappeared under water!"

"I searched for him for a lonnnggg time! Combing these beaches, hoping he'd been washed ashore. I even used this hole in the log as a megaphone..."

"HELLLOOOODOOOYOOUUHHEREEMMEEEE??!!!"

Er, yes, I hear you but it's a bit mumbly!

"Anyhow... I started gathering driftwood in the hopes that I could make a boat and search for him but... it all got smashed on the rocks!"

"See... waves... rocks... sadness. Sigh."

"Anyhow... I kept patrolling back and forth, back and forth... "

That must have been beary hard for you!!

"It was... I always thought I might see Cocoa washed up ashore... but no."

And there are so many nooks and crannies on a beach!

"I like this one because it has a front door and a back door... see... way down there..."

And then... we walked back to the car... and Navy saw the calm waters on the east side of the headland... but I told him that Cocoa had been washed miles away, down the shore. He could have searched a lonnnnggg time here and never found Cocoa!!

But... ah-hem... Navy would like to know where Cocoa is?? Is Cocoa coming home soon???? If you are... please bring sweater for Navy Beanie (preferably blue)... he's cold you know!

4 comments:

  1. .......eh, we got the blue sweater "covered"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figured you might!!! We have a little vest here that Navy's wearing for now...

      Delete
  2. *tearing up* what a touching story... I'm glad Navy Beanie is ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... these poor mice... that tsunami sounds soooo traumatic!

      Delete