Sunday, November 15, 2020

Geocaching Bear!

Hullo! Today we are having a grand adventure. I have discovered Geocaching and thought I'd give it a try.


There are a tonne of caches in our neck of the woods... so let's see what we can find.

Oh, that's pretty. Someone is leaving painted rocks in the woods again!

Right then... this is close to our first geocache location. Mama is using her cell phone and Google Maps for the GPS... which isn't always that accurate...

And... here we are... this is our first geocache location - "5 past the bent tree"... 5 what? 5 feet? 5 paces? 5 metres? sigh...

After a bit of hunting... huh... look at all that bark piled against that log!

This one is a plastic bag which isn't a great container cause the critters are nibbling on it... but we found it!

Score one for the bear!

And this is our second location... the hint says the cache is near the base of a fallen tree... ummm... which tree??

Nope... that's not it... that's just some garbage...

There used to be a homeless camp here by the looks of it. Some of the other cachers had mentioned they came across it while hunting for the cache... Should maybe bring a garbage bag here and clean all this junk up.

Still hunting for the right fallen tree. This one is hard!

Should we give up?

Oh... wait!! Look at the slabs of bark at this root wad! Hah...

I think I walked by this four times already!

This one is in a more water-proof and critter-proof container...

There's a log... and a pencil (good) and some toys. I think it's kind of a take one/leave one system. I didn't bring anything to leave sooo...

Will just sign the log book and move on... The cacher before me is called BearClaw1!! Wonder if they are a stuffie too?

Onwards...

I'm getting the hang of this bark thing... there's another one in there.

This one has camo tape on the lid...

And a few more goodies...

Toys mostly... and no pencil to sign the log book... note to self... need to add a pencil to the backpack!

This cache is super close to our little secret swimming spot at the lake. Cool!

And... one more... all the cache instructions say to watch out for Muggles... but that is not a danger here. Scramble down the muddy slope and...

There it is in the stump!

This last one has a colour theme... purple! We have a little purple toy at the house that I can bring back and leave here... cool!

Here's our map of caches found today! The green ones are still out there... and the gray one is only for paid subscribers...

Still more caches to track down... stay tuned! I am going to have to figure out what I can leave in the caches though...

12 comments:

  1. Oooo!!! Now, what about some of my arcade winnings? I could send a few of those over for the caches? And we think you need your own personalised rubber stamp that you could stamp into the geocache book saying you'd found it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a stamp... that would be a good idea! I'll have to look into that. Arcade winnings are a cool idea too! It seems a lot of kids like to do this with their parents... grown-up kids too!

      Delete
    2. Right ho. I might need to have a rummage through "My Stuff" and put together a Caching Cache for you!!!

      Delete
    3. Maybe add a knit sweater... mouse-sized...

      Delete
  2. Darn it. Rubber stamp...not runner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering... I don't know that I have a runner's physique... hehe

      Delete
    2. Don't you just looovvvveee autocorrect...

      Delete
  3. Fun adventure! Sandy looks a tad cold--hope someone packed hot chocolate for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cold! Luckily I have a hoodie which keeps me nice and toasty...

      Delete
  4. Cool activity. I should get my human to play too...

    ReplyDelete