Friday, October 30, 2020

Sandy's Halloween Pumpkin

 Hullo... tomorrow is Halloween and I thought I would carve a pumpkin... for Jerry & Ben's Halloween Contest of course!

Step 1 - get pumpkin and lay tarp on floor...


Step 2 - gather pumpkin dissection tools...

We used to have a pumpkin carving kit with very fine blades/saws but... they broke a few years ago... so we using a selection of knives today.

Step 3 - Decapitate the pumpkin...


Step 4 - Disembowel the pumpkin...


Ummm... I think I'll let my assistant Igor take care of the disemboweling... it's a messy job.

There we are... we are going to save some the seeds for planting next year... you never know... they might be viable seeds.

Yup, it is disemboweled...

Now... a blade... I need a blade...

Step 5 - Begin to carve the pumpkin face... first... an eye...

We are free-pawing the carving this year...

And... decided that it needed a third eye... cause it's a Triclops Pumpkin!

Step 6 - find a tealight and...

It's alive!!!! 

Ahhhh... it's really alive.... let me go!!!

Run... quick... ruunnnnnnnn!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaagh! Wow, that thing is super scary. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Good thing you were wearing footwear...

      Delete
    2. I know... and tough boots too. Those pumpkin fangs are sharp!

      Delete