Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Sandy's Botanical Extravaganza - Part 2

Hullo! I am on the hunt for the Bog Bird's Foot Trefoil... a red-listed species in Canada... it is a flower belonging to the pea family and... I think I spotted some!

See... right there... in that little puddle...

There it is!! It's yellow with a bit of white...

Like this...

There's another one but it's not blooming yet.

Oh wow... a whole clump of them!

This is sooo cool!

It's a beary fascinating flower - with like a whorl of blooms forming the flower itself....

Like that...

And now that I've spotted one, I found a few more... This is early in the season for them so there are still a lot of ones to open yet.

I can't get enough pictures...

Here's another one...

And then there's more...

Right here along this puddle...

Where the ATVers have been driving... grrr...

By this rock...

I bet there will be more here in a few weeks...

This is beary cool and I'm glad we got a chance to see these flowers today. They are endangered in BC and their habitat is shrinking all the time because of invasive weeds and off-road activities...

They are quite common in Washington and Oregon though... maybe my pal Little Fox has seen them?

To be continued... 


4 comments: