Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Island Adventure (part 1)

Hello! A few days... weeks... oookkkaayyy... MONTHS ago... (Little Fox will understand this)... I went on an adventure to the local island in the harbour. It was a gorgeous day, perfect for adventuring.

The sun was beary warm and the tide was out... but I didn't feel like poking around through the tidal pools disturbing the baby crabs...

It sure is beautiful...

 Looks like the local deer have been through here as well.

Deer are everywhere around here... even in our neighbourhood... and they EAT the plants in the front yard. I am getting a Master's Degree in "Deer-Proof Garden Plants"... sigh.

So nice... maybe I'll just sit here for a few hours... no, wait... adventure calls!

Ooh, that's kind of cool... haven't seen this log before...

Gives you a different view of the world.

 Let's keep hiking...

What a great day!

Hard to believe it's late September...

 I poked around the rocky seashore - this is where the sandstone gets eaten away by the salt water and freeze/thaw cycles... 

I was looking to see if I could find a little hobbit-bear cave... but nothing here.

The plants are all sprouting though! I know... it's crazy... fresh green plants in the fall - it's a west coast thing...

Still no really great adventures though...

 But then... I found it... something really cool!!

To be Continued

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's something really cool! Well... we think so... Hint - it's not Art Deco...

      Delete
  2. Nah... you just need some comfort food - like bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you find a Starbucks in the woods? No wait, maybe Timmies has opened a new store in the woods.....I guess I will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful spot; especially since our outside is currently covered in several inches of snow...grumble

    ReplyDelete