Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Treats for Bears

Hi guys! It's me Jerry... I am just chill-axin here while Sandy and Ben are putzing around the kitchen. They are making a "surprise" for me... so I have to be patient...

As long as it doesn't include tofu... I'm happy!

Bonjour - it is us, Sandy and Ben... today we are making a... shhhh... treat... for Jerry (and us).

First we need almond butter...

I like Canada... it has French on everything as well as English... this is Beurre d'Amande!

And if you could read this, you'd see it's in French too... cool!

Maybe we could move up here to Canada??

Anyhow... we need a few cups of almond butter...

And plop it into the food processor...

We are doubling the official recipe...

Now we need a bunch of cocoa powder... this is not a canine-friendly recipe!

And dump that into the food processor as well...

Now we need some... shhh... ahem... let's just turn it to the French side... we need some miel crémeux... (editors note - the chocolate balls turn out even better if you use regular honey!)

Heh-heh... we know what that means!

Yes we do... shhh!!!!

Hey! What are you guys whispering about?? What is "meal cremo??"

Oh... nothing you'd be interested in!!

So the miel goes into the food processor as well...

And then a bit of coconut oil and... whazz it up!

Jerry!! What are you doing here?? This is supposed to be a surprise!

Well... it is still a surprise... it's just brown goo... but...

I thought I smelled honey...

Let me smell your breath! Did I smell honey? Did you eat honey without me??
... No Jerry!!!

What about you?? Do I smell honey??? Mmm... maybe not...

And... it's ready!

Now we just need the human to roll some balls together...

And it's done!!
Psst... and Jerry... it does have honey in it!!

Oh yum... and with an orange too?? Oh yum...  We'll keep the rest in the fridge...

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow...are those homemade truffles? Too bad they're not dog-friendly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you can make homemade truffles? I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They are amazing - and we just made a batch with liquid honey... even better!

      Delete
  4. that looks so wonderful and tasty! good job to your human for rolling the balls

    ReplyDelete
  5. After this AMAZING trip, Jerry and Ben may need to confront the big "D" word.....

    diet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... Jerry has been complaining that his pants are shrinking in the wash... uh-huh...

      Delete