Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Tour de Paris

Hello... we are off again today on a whirlwind tour of Paris. A quick peek at Moulin Rouge (just the outside!)...

And then we hiked all the way to Sacre Coeur... cool!

I think I'm losing weight on this trip, there is so much walking...

I'm not sure where we are here... somewhere in some Arrondiseement

Hah!! Bear graffiti!

And then... this!!! Do you see the sign??

It's the flagship store of Laduree!!

What a pretty building...

Ooohhh... so many options...

 I'll have two of those and two of those and two of...

 After eating... we went to the catacombs!

I'm not up on my French history so am not sure why all these bones are here... Ben? Any ideas?

At least it's neatly organised!

But I really wonder who all these people are...

Then... it was off to the Luxemburg Gardens!

It was super hot today but... I managed to stay out of the water (no Rubbermaid container to float in).

Pooped... and... I'm ready to head back to North America for my onward journey to Jerry & Ben!

8 comments:

  1. Apparently, the catacoombs have over six million remains, and it was created because they ran out of cemetary space!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This store Laudree, does it only sell macaroons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no... they have other delectable sweets and if you go to their tea room you can get things like smoked salmon... yum!

      Delete
  3. Love the bear graffiti!

    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete