Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Sandy's Epic Spring Adventure - a 90th Bearthday

 Can you guess who might be turning 90 today?? Hint... it's not me... or Mama!! Or Minnie for that matter...


90 is a big milestone so we went and got some balloons!

Can you imagine being 90?? I think I'd have my stuffing coming out of me by then!

I am the bear in charge of decorations... so we put up some clings...

And a few other little traditional things we brought from home.

There's the birthday girl!!

She got several bouquets of flowers!

And cards!! When she celebrated her 80th bearthday... we arranged it so that Rose and her mom came up as a surprise... Gramma went out to church and when she came back, there they were!! We didn't think doing it this time would be a good idea and Gramma agreed!!

She even got a congratulations letter from the city! Nobody thought to write to the Prime Minister and get one from him... or the Governor General. And you need to be 100 to get one from the King... But you can request them retroactively... hmmmm... maybe something to consider.

Gramma is pretty happy to have us visiting for her bearthday!

I even got to write in the card!! Well... me and Minnie...

Oooh... ahhh....

The thing when Gramma's get this old is... you never know if they're going to have another bearthday... We hope Gramma is going to make it to 100! 

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Grandma. Do you have any leftover treats to send down this a way? Did Cocoa B get his own card, I didn't see his name on the card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cocoa and Navy Beanie are still hanging out in Vancouver!

      Delete
    2. Good for them....a little r and r away from the Minnie.

      Delete
  2. We love grandmas - they make the best food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Grandma! Sorry it took me so long to respond...

    ReplyDelete