Sunday, January 16, 2022

Tsunami Alert! Where's Cocoa???

Err... hello... I have a confession to make... you probably heard that a submarine volcano near Tonga went kablooey on Saturday and... well... that triggered a tsunami alert for our area.



 And... well... I completely forgot that Cocoa Beanie is a tsunami survivor! Mouse Island was devastated by a tsunami and all of the Beanies were scattered to the Seven Seas and Four Corners of the World...

And... I just realized... I haven't seen him since... Friday. Uh-oh...

I can't find him anywhere!!!

I even enlisted Minnie because if anyone can find a mouse in the house... it's a cat!

But she hasn't caught a whiff of that little mouse...

Oh wait... look, that kitchen drawer is open!

Can you guess what's in that drawer?? If you guessed plastic-ware... you'd be right... the water conveyance of choice for stuffies!

OMG... Cocoa!! What are you doing?? I've been looking for you everywhere!

OMG, Sandy! Thank goodness you're here... I've been having a heck of a time getting this lid screwed on... can you help!

But... Cocoa... the tsunami alert is over!!

Noooooo!!!! Tsunamis bad!!! Gotta hunker down... gotta hide!

Ummm... OK... this is tricky...

Let me find some proof...



Look Cocoa...  the Tsunami Advisory has been cancelled! And they only got 35 cm waves on the west coast... I don't even think we got much... Plus... we are 115 metres (that's almost 400 ft) above sea level. There's nooooo way a tsunami is ever going to reach us... 

Oh, thank goodness!!!!

We sat down for a chat and I listened to Cocoa tell the story of the Great Mouse Island Tsunami and how terrible it was... Sometimes you just need to listen and let a friend talk... and talk... and talk... but at some point... the friend needs something more...

Like chocolate!!!

Oh goodness!!!! All for me!!!

***munching noises***

I'm not sure how much Cocoa will need to eat to soothe his frayed emotions... Did you get a tsunami alert, Little Fox?


 

8 comments:

  1. Oh well done, Sandy!!!! Chocolate was the perfect solution to calm frayed nerves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad nobody got washed away. If Cocoa needs any therapy to stave off post-traumatic stress, I can put you in touch with Dogtor Freud...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now thats a good idea!! Does Dogtor Freud have any openings?

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, it was all the rage Saturday morning. Thankfully nothing too serious here.

    ReplyDelete