Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Spring Sunrise Surprise

 Hullo, we are still poking around that estuary trail system. There is a LOT to see here!


Lots of flowers blooming... these are the wild bleeding hearts...

And we even found a false morel mushroom growing on an embankment...

Two of them actually... this black one...

And this brownish one. 

We found this nice trail and followed it for a bit...

Lots and lots of bleeding hearts at this time of year.

The trail eventually led to another subdivision, so we headed back to the river which looks quite nice in full sun as well!

As we were poking back along the river trail we found an ancient carving (well... we think it's ancient... at least in stuffie years!) Can you see it? On that sunny patch of rock? 

How about now??? It's a bit round circle with a carving in the middle...

It looks Indigenous... and an eagle or a raven maybe with the head on the right, and the wings along the bottom.

Cool! I bet it's not so easily visible when all the leaves are out. 

Hard to say how old it is... My pal Little Fox, archaeologist extraordinaire might know...

That is a pretty cool find. We'll have to come back in the summer and see if it's as visible.

And the adventure continues!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I knew how old that was. It's cool for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew how I fall so far behind on replying to comments. Sigh... I did find a Reddit post which said the eagle was much more recent than the "real" petroglyphs here (which are beary old).

      Delete