Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Cocoa's Passport Application Adventure - Part 2

... ahem... when last we left Sandy and Cocoa... there was a bit of a tussle going on...

"OWWWWW!!!! My tail!!!"

Minnie... that's enough!!!

Stop it... Cocoa is NOT a cat toy. I know he looks like a cat toy but... no...

There you go Cocoa... I think Minnie got the message that time.


"I hope so... my poor tail... I don't know if it will ever be the same!"

It's OK... stuffies are pretty tough critters...

"Alright... I'm off to deliver my passport application!"
Excellent! See you in a bit.


Whew... it must be tough being such a small stuffie and at the mercy of bigger animals. I'm glad that I'm just a little bear and not a tiny mouse... not that there's anything wrong with small. Of course not! (I see you staring at the screen, Spunky!) I mean... look at Danny Devito... and Napoleon... and Tiny Tim and... anyhow... moving right along...

It'll be OK, Minnie... This is just a period of adjustment!

Meanwhile... down at the United Squeaks of Rodentia consulate...
"Is this the Passport Application" office? I've been sent in so many different directions!
Why, yes it is! You've come to the right place. May we have your application please?

Oh, hmmm... that's an awfully thick envelope...

"Well yes, it's because I lost my passport when Mouse Island was hit by the tsunami"
Mmmm yes... I see... let's take a look. Photograph... uh-huh. Great likeness. Love those ears... uh-huh... the form (booklet)... and... hmmm...

We don't see any references in your application... Do you have any references who can testify that this is actually you. Someone who's known you for 3 years and is a doctor/lawyer/banker/important personage?
"uhhhh... references... they were all swept away by the tsunami! I have cousins in the UK but they aren't important personages.... Well, Beanie Mouse might be. He's got an ObE and everything. But I can't get a reference from him cause he's in the UK..."

Hmmm... yes, most unfortunate. Most unfortunate. Do you have any other possible references... ah-hem... you know... Perhaps another "form" of reference?? Otherwise, we'll have to reject your application and send it back to you and... well... this could take weeks/months of back-and-forth. 
"Another 'form' of reference?? Like a friend??"
Ah no... ahem... no, not exactly... perhaps think... inanimate object...
"Oh great, I'm playing 20 questions with the consular staff... sigh"

***an hour later***

"Geez... that was fun. It's nice to know that a few rounds of cheese will grease the wheels of officialdom. They told me that because it's a lost passport case, it's going to have to get sent to the U.S.R. Embassy... so this could take a while. But... at least it's in the works!"

And for those interested... you can check out this blog post from the U.S.R. Embassy's Passport Office!

4 comments:

  1. What, you bride an official? Better send cookies to me to keep this under wraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bribe? Nooo... not a bribe... just a judicious gift, you know...

      Delete
  2. Jerry and Ben has passports too, but clearly the US ones are no where as nice and colorful as the stuffie ones created in England!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, are you into MMA (mixed martial arts)? Asking because it looks like you have Minnie in a headlock there...

    ReplyDelete