Thursday, November 1, 2018

Sunny October on the Island

I'm off to Newcastle Island today! Well... technically this was a few weekends ago... but you know what I mean!

It's so nice over here. When Rose & Co. were here for Thanksgiving, I introduced them to the island and they liked it so much, they decided to come back and camp here! The island is only reachable by a passenger ferry (no cars) and Rose's Dad liked the sound of that...

Here they come to meet us... but where's Rose?

 Of course... down by the water!

She brought a school friend with her.. I should go hide on them!

This looks like a good spot!

Heh-heh!!

 That was an old pulp millstone that was mined here on the island...

They've got the area fenced off now and apparently a family of sea otters lives down there in one of the hollows. Neat!

Shhh... I'm going to hide on Rose...

She'll never find me here!

OK... so she found me... sigh!

She didn't bring Otto or any of her stuffy pals though... have to have a serious talk with her!

It sure is beautiful here.

Just toddling off down the trail.

Gorgeous weather... and I showed them the pillar of sandstone that had been brought up from the depths of the ocean near Mayne Island. It sank on the Zephyr back in the day... Rose's mom says she's seen the other one over in Vancouver at the Maritime Museum. Cool!

It's a neat thing to photograph.

Such a beautiful forest here.

We visited their campsite... I'm pooped!

 It was great to visit with them... onwards now to other adventures!

6 comments:

  1. ROSE!!!

    Such beautiful sunny days, looks like a lot of fun! "Provided there are also good snacks..." adds Jerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course there were snacks... but I ate them too fast to get photos... oops

      Delete
  2. So weird. Google Chrome won't let me comment at all but on Firefox it does. I think my roommates computer is on the fritz.


    Now down to business. Camping in October? Brave bear you are. Hope you brought hot chocolate, some cookies, tiny marshmallows, and a little peppermint schnapps (for the cocoa).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny... I can't ever get Firefox to let me log in properly to comment, so I always have to use Chrome!

      Delete
  3. Nice sweater! Is it new?

    She didn't bring Otto? Yeah, you have to get her head straight about that! Humans aren't allowed to grow up and forget all about their stuffie friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This old thing? I think I got it last year... it's nice though! Rose brought a friend with her and... well... you know what happens when friends watch you hanging out with your stuffie pals... sigh.

      Delete