Sunday, November 4, 2018

Another Surprise Trip!

Well hello! Guess where I am? I'm at the airport in Vancouver! Adventure beckons... I wonder where we're going...


I hope it's not Winterpeg...

Ooohhh... mountains!! I don't think we're going to Winterpeg!

And fog in the valleys... oohhh.... I think I know... I think I know!

Yes!!! We went to visit Gramma! We brought her some plum butter as a gift... she's beary happy with that.

We went for a little hike after we got there... we have a mission to do for Rose.

The fall colours are much prettier up here than down south!

This is the trail at the bottom of the mountain... we were here last year as well...

There's the clump of birch trees...

Now somewhere under all those leaves is a heart-shaped stone.

 There it is...

This is where we buried some of Rascal's ashes last year.

We found this heart-shaped rock up at the lake... and placed it on top of her ashes.

Today we are here with some of Daisy's ashes...

Little dog... best little dog...

There's Rascal's ashes...

 And now Daisy's ashes as well... I hope they get along in the after-life!

 And then we put the rock back... and covered it with some leaves...

There are LOTS of leaves up here!

And Gramma served us with salmon chowder for dinner... yum!


7 comments:

  1. I'm sure all cats and dogs get along in the afterlife. 2 bowls of salmon chowder for one bear? Your a pretty lucky bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they all get along as well. I was a beary hungry bear after all that hiking...

      Delete
  2. That is sweet of you Sandy. I'm sure both of them are smiling down at you right now. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the good memories of Rascal and Daisy help you through the times when you miss them. The northern foliage color change is definitely something my human and I miss...we don't see anything like that down here in Texas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma!!! Does this little trip have anything to do with a special day on Friday...you know, cake, candles and such?? :-)

    ReplyDelete