Thursday, July 4, 2019

Chef Theodore and the Great Menu Plan

Hello, it is I, Chef Theodore. Leo has been wondering why I haven't been doing any chef-y posts soooo... here we go!!

I have big paws to fill, Sandy is a pretty darn good chef, you know... But I thought, like Bär and the address labels, that I would try and up the ante a bit sooo...

This coupon came in the mail. Have you heard of GoodFood? You select 3 or 4 meals for a week and they ship it to you using farm fresh, local ingredients. The humans are trying to eat less meat (don't ask me why... oh, wait... something to do with climate and methane...)... anyhow... they aren't beary creative in the vegetarian meal department... and, to be honest, neither am I! Soooo... I did a bit of research, and the GoodFood people have some yummy sounding vegetarian options... better than rice and beans...

They sent a nice, Welcome to the GoodFood program thingie... beary slick... And I ordered the first week of meals... paws crossed, it'll be a hit!

Oh... and if we spread the word and other people sign up (from our email)... then we get $40!! And the other people get $25... that sounds good...

Just in case... you know... you get an email from me! Or from Bär... Actually... I just looked and I think it is a Canadian company... ah well... If you're Canadian and reading this, email me!

Right then... so I ordered 4 meals for the first week... here we have Glazed Korean Chicken Lettuce Cups... with Sticky Rice & Carrot Salad... yum!

Then there is a vegetarian option - Basil Pesto Pappardelle with Summer String Beans & Green Salad...

Then we have Sausage, Broccolini & Cherry Tomato Skillet over Organic Farro... what is Farro???

Finally... Confit Chicken Legs with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa & Herbed Bulgur (what is Bulgur?)

Sounds yummy!!! And... they deliver it right to your door in a cooler box... And... it came today!

Here goes nuthin...

Let's see... ohhh...There are cold packs inside... and a weird waffle cardboard thing...

And four plastic bags with all the veggies and fixings... and then the meat packs (which went straight into the fridge)...

I'm not entirely happy with all the plastic bags... but we'll see how recyclable they are... Do you think this is cheating??? Nahhhh....

OH!!! You noticed! Yes, we have our new countertops in!!!! They came a few days ago and... they look amazing. As a chef, I supervised, of course...

Our kitchen is now almost put back together...

What is the counter-top? Oh... it's just laminate... but a soapstone flavour... kind of grey-blue... we like it.

And that's it for Chef Theodore... I'll keep you posted on our GoodFood adventures!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, we've heard of bulgur wheat!! They use it in Taboulleh salad which is a Mediterranean Turkish/Greek/Anatollean salad and really yummy! We ate it in London last time we were up = there's a picture of it on our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Chef Theodore. That sausage and farro is right up my alley. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen looks great! It's really important that stuffie chefs have nice kitchens where they can create their masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete