Thursday, February 8, 2024

Gearing up for the Virtual Pacific Crest Trail Challenge

 Yep, it's me again. Today... today is the first day of the virtual Pacific Crest Trail Challenge... And in the spirit of the adventure... I am going to carry some gear!


First... a backpack. I had a bigger one but it was uber heavy and never fit well...

This one is perfect!

The other thing I have for this virtual adventure is...

A compass!

Because you never know when GPS is going to poop-out on you and you'll need a compass!

Alright... what else?

Oh yes... snacks!!! I really wanted to bring my mini-Nutella jar but it is too big and heavy.

Then I thought a granola bar... also too big. Maybe I should have kept that bigger backpack?

But... finally... these Fruitsations are perfect!

See, a perfect fit... and not too heavy either.

Finally... as a real PCT hiker... I would need a sleeping bag soooo...

What do you think?

I think it's perfect! And it's super lightweight...

Now to fold it...

And rool it...

There we go! Let's pack-up!

OK... you know... this isn't too bad... maybe we could tuck one more thing in there...

Yep, a little bit of chocolate...

Alright... I am ready to start this virtual PCT!

6 comments:

  1. HURRAH!!!! But....... only one square of chocolate???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry, I am getting an upgrade on my backpack so it functions like Hermione's bag on Harry Potter!

      Delete
  2. Have a safe trip! I think you should have opted for a bigger backpack though, for more snacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhh... going to upgrade it... like Hermione Granger's bag!

      Delete
  3. Don't forget water....oh and you need a trail name

    ReplyDelete