Saturday, June 22, 2019

Blogger Profile Pics...

Hello, Bär here... I have been getting caught up on Sandy's comments and... he was beary far behind! I noticed something annoying... when Google+ got binned, all the profile pics went to the Blogger default log... See... just orange blobs...

Despite the fact that Sandy has a profile pic on his Blogger Dashboard... But that is his Google profile which is NOT necessarily the same as his Blogger profile (go figure)... but I think I've figured it out...

On the Blogger dashboard page - go to Settings and then click on User Settings at the bottom...

This should show up - click on the Edit, next to User Profile...

Make sure Share my Profile is checked off under Privacy...

Then scroll down to Profile Photo... Sandy's was blank... so we added a photo... and then saved...

While the comments already posted didn't changed... now it has his pic next to Comment as... near the bottom... Jerry & Ben must have figured this out ages ago, because their profile pic is there!

Hope this works... let's test it on Beanie's blog because his comments get posted instantly!! It worked!!!

Another way to check that your Blogger profile pic is working is... at the top of the Blogger Dashboard, next to "New Post"... your pic should be there... if it's not... follow the steps here... and it should show up!


6 comments:

  1. Great job Bar. I should play around with it to get my picture back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! Was wondering about the sudden loss of photos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if we figured it out, we forgot how and when and why... Glad your profile pic is back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! Thanks for the tip. Hey.. do you want to be my sekrebeary? I couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LF - yes, the profile pics make a difference!
    @Beanie - there you are!
    @Droopy - don't know what Blogger did... think it had something to do with the demise of Google+
    @J&B - you guys are just brilliant without even knowing it!
    @Ajdin - I can't even keep up with blog posts apparently, so I'm not sure I'd make a good one!

    ReplyDelete