Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Big Decision...

Ah-hem... your attention please! (Where is everyone... they must not read their memos... hang on a minute)...

Ah-hem!!! Your attention please... thanks for coming so ***promptly***... I have a big announcement today.

"What is it? Is Sandy coming back?? Oh good... because I'm so tired of the gardening!!"
...excuse me... but, not... and where is Bär anyhow? He must be off checking the mail... that's OK... he's very busy...

Now, listen up... I need a volunteer because Mama is going on a trip to see.... Gramma!!!

***chaos ensues***... "me, me I want to go!!!! No me!!!!"
Leo - OK stuffies, listen up... the way we're going to decide this is the stuffie who has NOT known Gramma the longest... that's fair, right?

Brumm... Ugh... I guess I'm out then... I've known Gramma for a beary long time... Mama was only 2 years old when I first came to Canada.

I was a beary handsome bear back then... still am I think!

Zotti - Uh... well, I guess that rules me out cause I've known Gramma since before Mama was born!!

I even came over on the boat with Gramma... I was a sharp looking bear back then too!

Theodore - Well, that rules me out too... I think I first met Mama when she was born! Sooo...

Hmmm... this is NOT a good picture of me... all you can see are my feet! And Zotti's feet in the background...

Waldi - well... I'm out too then... I can't remember when I met Gramma but I was definitely around when Mama broke her arm and was in the hospital when she was 5!

Alright then... that leaves the three of us and Bär (still not back from the mail)... I know that Bär first met Mama and Gramma in the 1980s sooo... I think he's ruled out. And I first met Gramma way back in the 1990s I think... so that leaves Sticky and Rusty! Let's see... Rusty met Gramma in 2000... and Sticky met Gramma in... 2010!!! So that means Sticky is our winner!!!!

Sticky... Ummmmm.... issssss therrrrreeeee occcccceeaaannnnn adddddveeennnnnnturrrrresss upppppp therrreeeee??? Beeecccaausssseeee IIIII nneeeeddddd occcceeaaannnn waaattterrrr....

Nope, sorry Sticky. No ocean adventures planned so I guess the prize goes to our runner-up Rusty!!!!

Rusty - Uhhhh... wow... thanks!! I'll do my best to keep everyone posted on our adventures... I wonder if Gramma will make some doggie biscuits for me!

10 comments:

  1. Well that was rather democratic of you all! Hope Rusty has a brill trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels Rusty. Perhaps Gramma can take you to a butcher shop for some fresh dog food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good trip Rusty! Your fellow canines are all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon Voyage Rusty...always remember to pack some travel snacks (that's a travel tip from Jerry).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Rusty! Best of luck on your mission!

    ReplyDelete