Thursday, October 17, 2019

River Adventures

Today, we went for a walk by the river... they must have known that we were coming although...

It should say "Bears in Area"... we wonder why caution is needed though...

We thought we might look for some mushrooms while we were here...

We found these, but they are something weird and we don't know what they are. There are about a dozen choice edible mushrooms that we know... and we stick to those!

More signs!!

Normally, we'd go down the mail trail but today... we are taking a detour...

Down this narrow, overgrown trail...

Follow me, guys! We're almost there...

We are at the river... And do you see that person way over there... standing in the river... they are fishing for... (wait for it...)... salmon!!!

Seriously? Salmon????

"I'm coming!!! Wait for me!!!... Arrrghhh... these rocks are hard to walk on... Arrrghhh...." (The fisher person just heard "aarrrghhh" and took off running... now we know why the caution signs are up...)

Oh well, not salmon for us today... at least not from the fisher people... but we still had a nice walk.

 We even made it down to the river eventually... and saw a few dead salmon...

 That's the old bridge in the background - it used to be the "longest, single lane, wood decked, curved bridge" in North America before they replaced the wood with metal grids. It used to thunk quite nicely with the wood but now it just goes "zrrrrr" as you drive over it... (It's actually a railway bridge and a car bridge".

 There are always cool rocks by the river...

We found this one! It says "Happy" on it... which got us thinking... what makes each of us happy?

 "I'm happy when I'm cooking with my friends" said Ben.

"I'm happy when I'm hiking with my friends" said Sandy...

And Jerry said, "I'm happy when I'm eating with my friends!"

What makes you happy??

We had a great trip up to visit Gramma but... we had to head home eventually. Jerry & Ben had a connecting flight in Vancouver so we said goodbye there (no photos) and then I headed back to the Island... I've been on the go since the end of April and I am pooped!!


7 comments:

  1. I'm happy when I'm eating salmon, or honey, or hanging out with my friends!

    Did you see the "BEAR"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hike, and it was so great seeing Gramma! You deserve some relaxation after all that travel. Get the seKretaries to serve you breakfast in bed, and make a few spa days for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. You have had quite the summer.

      Delete
    2. I have definitely had quite the summer. I deserve a vacation!

      Delete
  3. Three bears...all you need is a Goldilocks

    ReplyDelete