Thursday, October 31, 2019

Halloween 2019

Oooh... this is my 1201 post!! I hadn't even seen that milestone of 1200 go by... cool! But... back to our post...

Hello... I have been thinking for a beary long time about what sort of Halloween costume to try this year. Jerry & Ben changed the rules a bit so there are two categories... funny and scary...

Thinking....

And thinking... sigh... this is sooooo hard!!!

And then I thought... what the heck...

I'll go as a bee! It's kind of funny... a bear going as a bee you see... I could be an undercover Sherlock Sandy Bee trying to discover the honey...

There we go... I'm all set... now let's see if I can find some good treats!

Doot dee doo... just out trick-or-treating...

 Oh, hello Mr. Turtle... I mean... Trick or Treat!!!!

Mr. Turtle had a nice stick of Double Bubble gum for me... mmm... just the thing for a stuffie with plush fur!

Thanks Mr. Turtle!

Oh hello spiders!! Are you out trick-or-treating too??
Spider: "Well, not exactly... but we do know a great place with wonderful treats, Mr. Bee!"
Heh-heh... they think I'm a bee... my costume must be super good!

Sure, I'll come along to this great treat place!

Oh wow... this is quite the overgrown front yard to this place.
Spider: That's cause they spend all their time and money on treats!

 Oh hello little bird, are you coming on this adventure too?

Hmm... the little bird just whispered in my ear that I shouldn't trust these spiders... but... I know spiders are good for the garden and they help with keeping pests under control!

Ah... almost there... hmmm... that house looks pretty spooky and haunted.

Spider: Oh that was just the last windstorm... the owner is working to attach the roof again...

Is this when we shout trick or treat?
Spider: Yep, Mr. Bee, now's the time!
OK... Trick or Treat!!

 I wonder what sorts of yummy treats they have here?

 Spider: Oh, all sorts of things... it depends on what shows up...

 Hey? Who's tickling me??

ACK!!! Help!!! I'm being attacked by a cloud or something!

Oh goodness.... it's a BIG spider....

Spider: Not just any old spider... this is Daughter of Aragog!!!! And you, my lovely, juicy, succulent bee, are going to be our treat!!

***Mrrph... mffflee....***
Spider: Heh-heh... we've never seen such a big bee before... This will feed many of my daughters for many moons!


But then... out of the blue... came the little sparrow who knew the off-switch for these spiders... peck... peck... that's one of them!

And that's another one!

 Oh, and there comes Iron Crow...

Peck peck!

There we go... all the spiders are shut off and sleeping... Honestly... who could mistake that little bear for a bee!!!

And then... a bit of pecking and...

Oh my goodness!!! Thank you soooo much little sparrow!!!! I thought I was Spider Fodder for sure!

Whew.... I'm going to rethink my costumes beary carefully from now on!!! I should have paid more attention when Mama showed me this picture from the summer!

 Poor little bee....

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a close call! I guess the moral of this story is...don't trust strange spiders who promise you candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not sure of the moral of the story but... Rose was directing the scene sooo... I won't overthink it too much!

      Delete
  2. Great story post! Ben thinks we need to remake either Harry Potter or The Lord of the Rings, but starring only stuffies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY BEAR.

    GAH

    That is beary spooky! I am glad you made it out alive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 1201st post! My posting has been beary low this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, you've been working without a full-time sekrebeary...

      Delete