Saturday, January 13, 2024

The Last of the Christmas Lights

 Hullo! Bear in a hoodie here! A few days ago, I went over to Ladysmith, a nearby town, because it was the last night of their Festival of Lights display!


I had hoped to get here while Little Fox was still here but... it didn't happen...

It does look way more spectacular in real life but I think you get a sense of it...

Ladysmith is a pretty cool little town, just south of the 49th parallel. It has a quaint main street with little shops. It's been used in a few movies... like Sonic the Hedgehog (not one we've seen) and some scenes from Resident Alien (also not on our viewing list).

Ladysmith has a beary yummy bakery called... The Old Town Bakery! Cinnamon buns... soooo good!

Pretty, eh? And yes, we stood in the middle of the road at multiple points trying to get good shots. It's a pretty sleepy town...

I wonder what their electric bill is??

There's the Old Town Bakery! 

It is hard to take good pics at night I've decided... And sometimes out of focus looks better!

Apparently they have millions of light bulbs... can you imagine finding the burnt out one??

This little bear would not be good at this!

At the start of the season, they have a parade and fireworks too! Apparently parking is a nightmare... I can believe it!

Righto, that's the Ladysmith Christmas lights! 

Glad we got out here this time around. Sorry Little Fox... maybe next time!

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to put it on my list of things to do on the island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you probably have a beary long list by now... Add this to it... "Overnight (or beary long day) hike to San Josef Bay off the NW tip of VI"

      Delete