Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Trip!

Hullo!! I know, it's been over a week since I last posted a blog but... I have been beary busy. I got to go on a business trip with Mama! How cool is that?

We went up north to a place called Hazelton... it's on the banks of the mighty Skeena River. The Skeena holds some of the records for the largest salmon in the world!

It's quite rustic up here... with a nice mountain in the background.

According to this, Hazelton was one of the first pioneer settlements in northwestern BC. Cool!

There are all sorts of neat old things here... this is a steam donkey... I wonder if it's called that because of the work it could do or the noise it made?

 There's a really neat old town that has some beary old buildings...

And a river steamboat from the olden days.

This totem pole looks interesting....

Hmmm... it says it was carved in the 1880s... that is beary old.

 But there aren't any bears on this one...

 I wonder what's in this cute building...

It says... Rest Rooms!

I think those are the pretties rest rooms I have ever seen!!

13 comments:

  1. A business trip to the Skeena River where the largest Salmon in the world live, my you are a lucky bear. Did you get a chance to ride on the steamboat, you know for business?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... the steamboat is actually beached on land sooo... no. They don't run steamboats on the river anymore - too bad!

      Delete
  2. Great photos Sandy! We trust there was a nice supply of snacks included in the backpack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm... no. Not in the backpack. Although there were several Starbucks hot chocolates along the way, which makes a difference!

      Delete
    2. Well, if there are no snacks packed in the backpack (and that makes Jerry just shake his head and look disgusted), at least you got to stop at Starbucks along the way! Ben plotted all the Starbucks up north before we started our trip. Now, we're not saying we specifically timed out stops to hit Starbucks, but by chance, there was often one right there where we decided to take a break or fill up the car with gas...

      Delete
  3. I am going on a business trip with my mom also! I hope it is as fun as your trip was, but chances are, I will be left alone in the hotel room... maybe I will order room service - salmon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that!! I was left alone in the hotel room for much of the trip too... but there is more to come after the business part of the trip.

      Delete
    2. Did your seKretary happen to notice the extra room charges for the rented Animated and Children's Movies? hehe

      Delete
  4. Wow, cool business trip! I wish my human would take me on a trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to put your paw down Droopy... even a trip around town would be good.

      Delete
  5. the #peejayday edishun of the teddy tedaloo times iz out and your in it! http://ht.ly/Rf0D4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a good time touring the town. The scenery is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete