Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Camping!

A few days ago... ok... a few weeks ago... oh alright... a few months ago(!) I dragged Mama off on a camping trip... A little bear needs regular camping trips you know... We went to a place called Little Qualicum Falls. There are a fair few hiking trails around... so let's go!

Uh-huh... let's see.... we are here... and we're going there!

 Can you spot the bear???

Heh-heh... another great hiding place!

No swimming? Ok... I can abide by that... this little bear isn't keen on getting soaked.

Nice little river... but I don't see why anyone would want to swim here. And where's the danger?

Maybe it's around the corner?

Goodness... not pets either?

OK... they've really got a lot of danger signs here!

I know a fair few dogs who would love that water but... no pets... no swimming... but where's the danger?

Maybe it's around this corner?

Hmmm... nothing bad here either...

Stay behind the fence people!

Oooohhhh.... yup... that looks dangerous to me too! A teenager died here a few years ago...

It sure is a narrow canyon below the upper falls...

Whoa... I can feel the thunder of the water through my feet!

It sure is pretty here.

And a bit calmer lower down...

But now we have to hike back up again...

Back at camp!

I am ready... I'll have a fire please, and a cold drink... oh and some dinner too...

Voila... there is fire!

I like campfires!!

And here's dinner... turkey a la king... mmm...

Pooped little bear.... turning in for the night!

9 comments:

  1. What a great camping spot; glad you decided not to swim, you'd be swept away! We think the seKretaries must be trying to up their scores on the annual evaluation: great hiking, a nice drink and yummy dinner ready for you while you relax in a comfy chair with a blanket, and a comfy bed and fluffy pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the evaluation thing - silly humans. Do they think we'll just forget about all the things they didn't do over the year??

      Delete
  2. I agree with J and B, my guess is Sekrebearies are trying to amp up their score. My roommates have the same stove :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry has a beary important kweshton: were there smores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's an issue with making perfect smores... we can't get Hershey's bars. Yes, I know... tragedy of monumental proportions. All we get are Hershey's with almonds and that is not quite good enough. We are going to experiment with Jersey Milk bars... stay tuned.

      Delete
  4. Is your secretary behind schedule also?

    Good work supervising the building of the fire and cooking of dinner.

    ReplyDelete