Wednesday, July 18, 2018

More Island Adventures

Oh hello... just sitting and enjoying the view...

And continuing my exploration of the salt erosion holes in sandstone...

Can you spot me???

I could practically live in this little cubby... just gotta flatten out the floor a bit and make a nice door...

Speaking of doors... and home... how about some lunch! My stuffie pals are always most interested in what lunch/snacks I get when I'm on these expeditions... sooo... bring it on!

Oh, trail mix... well, that's a nice appetizer...

Wait... what?? That isn't an appetizer?? That's all that we have??????

We're going to starve!!! Help Stuffie Pals!!! I'm being kept on a starvation diet... save me!!!! Send me chocolate and smoked salmon and more chocolate!!!! (Just kidding...) But this is definitely going on the evaluation. Hmph!!!

Oooohhhh!!! Look - it's a sea otter!! He posed for us... nice!

Such a great view from up here... And we are going to take a slight detour... just to see what is down this scratchy looking thread of a trail...

Ohhhh... that is quite the overhanging lip of rock...

 I wonder if cave bears lived here back in the day?

There's even evidence of a fire... Hmmm... need to ask my pal Little Fox the Archaeologist... he would know how to carbon date this and determine the age.

Beary fascinating....

It's neat to find new places like this!

And below that was this beach - very nice... but, do you hear that? I hear a big boat coming!

Ok... that's NOT it!

There it is!! The ferry coming into the harbour.

As we were chunking through the woods, we found this really cool branch on an arbutus tree... How is that even possible???

Hah! That makes more sense... That left park looks almost like a squid face.

And then we sat for a while along the shore and watched the float plays come and go.

That one's coming...

And this one is going...

There were even some kayakers who came for a bit of a visit...

I like it here!

7 comments:

  1. Trail mix for lunch? Seriously? Ugh, I better get to the post office to send a can or two of salmon up your way. Perhaps those kayakers delivered a catered lunch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... pretty bad, huh? Salmon is always welcome. The kayakers disappeared... they must have seen me drooling. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. An otter? Was he/she a relative of Lightning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only trail mix? Ben says he could think of one bear that would have an absolute panic attack if that ever occurred on one of our hikes. Looks like a real fun place to hike though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... it was a tragedy... no... wait... it was a TRAGEDY! Argh... humans...

      Delete
  4. That's it? Just trail mix? Does your sekretary want you to starve to death? Poor little Sandy...

    A nice hike otherwise though!

    ReplyDelete