Monday, December 18, 2017

Beach Preparations

Let's see... shorts, check! Sun hat, check! Sunglasses... need to find those...

Oh hello... just getting ready to go on our beach vacation. I'm making my list...

Don't want to forget anything you know...

I think it's Akumal in Mexico... Rose and her family are there with Otto...

 doesn't it look amazing... It's like +29C there and they are checking out the turtles and I can't wait to s....

... ummm... what do you mean there's been a "change in plans"???? Oh... we're going to Long Beach? OK... well... alright... I'm flexible... that's OK too. I think that's in California... I could maybe learn surfing and go up to SF and have some crab and... Oh... it's not in California? Well... is it Cuba then? Dominican Republic? Costa Rica.... oooh... maybe Hawaii???!!!

Umm... Long Beach is between Tofino and Ucluelet... on the west coast of Vancouver Island??

Seriously??? In the winter??? We are going in the WINTER??? Have you seen Long Beach in the winter?

ugh...

Alright then... winter gear AND rain gear is the name of the game! Sigh... I'll report back after this adventure... if I survive and don't drown in the rain and sea spray!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is quite a different locale than I thought you were going too. I was looking forward to a post with a little bear (i.e. you) drinking margaritas, trying all sorts of cool foods and pastries, and finding some back alley deals in Mexico. Then I got excited when you were going to Long Beach (not the one in CA) because there is a Long Beach Washington, then *sigh* I found out it was Long Beach Canada which seems much less "exotic". If you are taking the camping van be sure to stock lots of hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh is right... the things a stuffie has to put up with. I'm surprised there isn't a Long Beach, OR...
      Where is that sekrebeary evaluation form anyhow?

      Delete
    2. In the Winter?!?! We thought Minnesota was bad in the winter.

      Delete
    3. Well... it's the combo of rain and wind and cold that makes the west coast ugly in the winter... brrrrrr...

      Delete
  2. ....oh dear....... I'd start filling in the complaints form NOW, if I was you. Unless of course, there's LOTS of hot chocolate. And Bis kwits. Wiv sprinkles on top. And marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely will impact annual secre-beary evaluations...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct! Did you know that there are wolves out there??? I was hoping to the bear who Swims with Turtles and now it'll be the bear who Runs from Wolves... sigh.

      Delete
  4. Hmm.. not what we were expecting, but at least you have the appropriate wardrobe for any type of weather!

    ReplyDelete