Saturday, July 13, 2019

A Walk and cool Rocks...

Finally... a walk!!! This is what a dog is bred for...

Can you see me?? I blend into the bark pretty good... Ah-hah... tree bark and dog bark... hah!

Hmm... what's that over there? Something tucked into the tree along with me.

It's a little painted rock... a lady bug I think... cool! I know that there are the carved faces in the cottonwood trees here... but the rocks are new.

Ummm... see that fluff on my head... the cottonwood trees are fluffing their cotton... it is everywhere.

 Oooh, a cute heart rock...

 I'm a beary photo-genic little dog...

 It helps to have good balance!

Look what I sniffed out for Mama...

Some wild strawberries... they are teensy tiny but packed with flavour.

 I think this rock looks a bit like a butterfly wing...

The oak ferns are cute and just my size...

A little blue rock with flowers... we took this one along but left the others...

And a brown... no... wait... that's not a rock!!!

Grrrrrr... some doggie did a poopsie and their owner didn't pick it up!! Grrr.... rrrafff!

Flowers? Fireworks?

And one of the carved wooden faces!

 Thimble-berries aren't ready yet...

That was a good walk!!! And the cottonwood fluff almost looks like snow!

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you could eat wild strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... they are super yummy - pack a lot of flavour into a pint-sized berry! They don't pack well though... it's pick and eat otherwise they turn to mush.

      Delete
  2. It would take a beary lot of wild strawberries for a strawberry pie...but wouldn't it be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... a LOT!! Maybe a bear-sized one though... say in a tart shell?

      Delete
  3. Hello from one canine to another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painted rock thing is really spreading far and wide, huh?

    ReplyDelete