Friday, November 30, 2018

Bearthday Mail!

I got mail last week!! This one's from Jerry & Ben... it got mailed on November 5 and arrived two weeks later on November 20... Did you know that the geese at Canada Post are on strike? Apparently parcels are backlogged in over 600 semi-trailer trucks at various postal depots around the country. Yes... and Canada Post has told foreign mail services to STOP sending parcels to Canada!!! Quel scandal!!! Anyhow... this letter made it through... wonder if Jerry and Ben had some pull with the border officials?

Let's see... nice card... and a Starbucks card! Those are always good. [Editor's note... apparently the sekrebeary got confused and thought the Sbux card came with the bearthday card but it actually came with the Halloween prize card... sigh... good help is hard to find.]

It's a bearthday card for me! Thanks guys!!

 Oh... you noticed!!! Yes... I found a nice pair of black pants to go with my new outfit. Honestly... I am not cut out to be a bare bear bum bear! Thanks to Jerry & Ben's aunt for making these a couple of years ago! They have nice back pockets for carrying snacks... and Starbucks gift cards!

8 comments:

  1. Postal service on strike? Egads. I hope my card arrives before your next birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't even talk to me about postal strikes. Ugh. Your card did arrive today though! Another post coming soon...

      Delete
  2. Uh oh...did my secretary mess up? Happy Bearthday! Now, pardon me as I chase my secretary down with a rolled-up newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no... your sekrebeary did not mess up - your card arrived today - just over 3 weeks late - Canada Post on rotating strikes... what a mess!

      Delete
    2. Oh...whew. Um...sorry about that, my human.

      Delete
    3. Good help is so hard to find... on so many levels!

      Delete
  3. Well, those delivery Canadian geese to like to stop along their route, take in the scenery, swim in a nice lake, enjoy a latte or slice of pie...so it might take them a bit longer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and the pants do look snazzy against the red and white sweater! We need aunty to make some more pants.

      Jerry adds, "Yeah, with huge pockets for more snacks."

      Delete