Saturday, August 11, 2018

Scapes and Strawberries

Hullo... I know... this is a post from a few weeks ago but... I am trying to get my sekrebeary caught up. Sigh... a little bear's work is never done!

The potatoes are doing really well... and the peas are coming along nicely as well.

Scapes are definitely ready!

We also have a good crop of kale again...

And a frilly poppy that appeared from nowhere... huh... maybe it's a transplant from another garden?

Whew... that is quite a lot of scapes... I think we will make more scape pesto this year... yum!

 Oh... and there are strawberries too...

Don't they look yummy? I'm sure Ben knows a few recipes for strawberries...

 And... we're going to have ribs for dinner... I'd show you pictures of them but... it doesn't quite seem fair...

13 comments:

  1. YES IT DOES SEEM FAIR!!! I show you pictures of our food when we go out to eat.......!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now... that is beary true! I'll have to rethink this...

      Delete
  2. Hey!! You can't announce and then withhold the rib pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great garden photos!! Those strawBEARies would sure be good in a pie...Jerry offers to help taste it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mean... "Jerry offers to EAT it!"... hehheh.

      Delete
    2. Hehe, yes, he selfishly offers to help eat it...he does try to be sincere about it... hehe

      Delete
  4. A beautiful garden! I am a tiny bit... jealous... okay... I am BEARY jealous, I have to admit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to add "garden" to your Sekrebeary Job Description list...

      Delete
  5. No pictures of the rubs are needed. Just send samples instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was just that stuff in a bottle! But it was very good stuff in a bottle!

      Delete
    2. Ha. I meant to say ribs, I want ribs sent down to me ☺. Can you accommodate me????

      Delete