Saturday, February 24, 2018

Winterpeg - Land of Snow but I wouldn't Know!

And we're off!!! I am travelling to Winterpeg to compete in the Stuffie Olympics... which requires some hot chocolate to fortify the nerves... and all that stuff.

I wish we had snow here... but... we don't...

So I'll make the best of it!

We had a pit stop in Vancouver and said Hi to Daisy!

And helped with a few pet chores... poor dog!

Uh... Hi Sassy! I'll just go sit over here!

And there's Rose! Sassy sure is a patient cat! I asked Rose if she had chocolates for me but she looked confused. So I showed her Jerry & Ben's card with the note in French. She told me that it says I should give her chocolates!! Whaaaatttt????

The next morning, we were up super early to catch a 5;30 am bus... ugh...

But it's all good... I am going to Winterpeg to find some snow...

Although... here is the Snow Bus to Whistler!! Why can't we just go to Whistler??? sigh...

Then a Skytrain ride to the airport... this travelling sure takes a while.

And some waiting at the airport!

Huh... it says we are going to Calgary??? Mama says we have a 3 hour layover there... I sure hope this long trip isn't going to affect my Olympic abilities...

But there is snow down there in Calgary!!! Maybe we coulda gotten off here? Afterall... I used to live here.

Ooooh... the Glenmore Reservoir in the distance... I used to live near there and played ice hockey there...

And finally... we made it to Winterpeg. I better get a good night's sleep tonight... ready for my competitions!

(Several Days Later)

OK... that was just crazy... I slept really well and every time I woke up, Mama was already gone out of the house and I couldn't find a ride to the Olympic venues! WTH? And now...

Now we are at the airport again leaving!!! But why???? How am I going to compete in the Olympics????? (plaintive bear wail)...

Then Mama showed me this picture... it's from our backyard back home. OMG!!! My snow prayers have been answered!!

The only question is... will I make it back in time before it all melts???

Wish me luck fellow stuffies...

 I think I need a hot chocolate to drown my anxiety!! What other bear traipses across the country in search of snow?? Not many, I think!

The deadline for the Olympics is tomorrow... February 25... will I make it back in time????

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Sandy! Daisy is so cute after her bath :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see Daisy once she gets away from the towel... she zooms around the house rubbing her head on the carpets and snuffling like a mad thing. But then... you would know this being a dog and all!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your submissions for the Olympics. We had snow too but I don't think I am going to get a submission done in time.
    Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That being said, at least your trips to Winnepeg got you some serious time at Starbucks - lucky bear.

      Delete
    2. No submissions??? It's clearly time for another evaluation... I did get some Starbucks time which was nice. Snow here is melting quickly!

      Delete