Saturday, May 20, 2017

No Starbucks but... something else!

Hullo... last episode found me wandering the streets of downtown Prince George in search of a Starbucks... I kept asking for directions from various Spirit Bears and getting even more lost...

My little feet are tired and I haven't found a single human on these streets. Ohhh... wait... a truck just went by!!! Let's follow it!!

This building looks beary impressive... I wonder if it is a restaurant... maybe a Starbucks?

Ooohhh... it's the new RCMP detachment!!! They have a pretty big detachment because... Prince George is Canada's most dangerous city (per capita). Yup... and... ummm... why are we wandering the streets all by ourselves???

I'm going to go in an ask about Starbucks... (no photos allowed)... too bad I don't have my Mountie uniform! But I do have my Mountie ID...

OK... the short answer... it's "down that way" at the corner of George and 5th. Whew... good directions except... that is way too far away for this little tired bear to walk now!

 I am pooped... and no hot chocolate and... phooie!!!

Wait... what was that... just across the street there is... what?

I don't see anything... or... wait... what is that...

Do you see it???

It's a Tim Horton's!!!

Oooohhhh... I'll have a honey dip donut and a maple dip donut and a honey cruller and....

Mmmm.... back in the hotel room and I can almost taste the donut... mmmm....

... slurp... drool.... huh??? This isn't a donut!!!

 I ordered a donut!!! Where is my donut???

Oh... there it is... he-heh...!

 A honey dip Timmies donut... mmmm.... munch... slurp... drool... mmmm...

For those of you in England who are perplexed by this Timmies thing... you can get a sneak peak this Canada Day!! It's Canada's 150th bearthday and... in celebration... Canada House in London is going to have a pop-up Tim Horton's!!! Check it out!


9 comments:

  1. A donut shop across the street from the police station? Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually makes a lot of sense. Police Officers eat lots of donuts.

      Delete
    2. The old police station used to be even closer! Now they have to walk a bit farther...

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness for TH! But, Jerry is curious to know why the seKretaries only got you 1 donut...one....only one...that just seems so unfair. Jerry says you deserve at least 3 (snacks for later...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100%. But, you know humans, they always promise "we can come back later" but... never happens!

      Delete
  3. Glad the sekrebeary didn't misplace your donut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know... that is actually surprising to me too. It happens so often. Amazing how humans can "lose" so many things... mostly food-related things.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. But of course... in a pinch, a doughnut will always save the day!

      Delete