Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Pussy Willows!

Well... it's getting to be that time of year... time for... The Great Pussy Willow Hunt!!

It's been beary wet lately so the trail is a bit murky...

Good thing I have a sherpa to carry me over mucky sections.

Today we are hunting the elusive Power-line Pussy Willow... shhhh... be verwy verwy quiet...

There, do you see it??? Right between my ears...

I see them...

I snuck up on the pussy willows and they are stunning.

Beautiful specimens!

What do you think??

Now... mrph... if only... I could.... erg... find.... the pocket knife!

Whaddya mean there's no pocket knife??? I thought we had this discussion last year about keeping the backpack full of Important Items! Sigh... good help is hard to find.

But... they were easily ripped off. I didn't take a lot...

After the exertion of hunting pussy willows... it was nice to have a quiet stroll by the lake. Nice picture but...

I think it looks better with a bear! Don't you?

As Ajdin would say... Life is Beary Good!

11 comments:

  1. Luckily you are around to help decorate the house Sandy--if we left that to humans, there would be vases of poison ivy and dead sticks! Our snow if finally gone; someone is really wanting to get into the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerry and Ben you are so right about leaving things up to the humans - I can just imagine it at our place; poison ivy and dead sticks everywhere!!!!

      Delete
    2. I shudder to think at the state of the world if stuffies were not around!

      Delete
  2. Sandy, at first it looks like you were on a old logging road looking for flowers then at a relaxing lake. Were they the same place?

    No adventures for me, my roommates are looking at replacing a car and the process is killing my adventuring time. However, it's time for something more reliable, no little fox (or human for that matter) wants to be stranded at a trailhead with a dead car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, well maybe a little surprise will arrive in the mail for you to perk up your day...you never know!

      Delete
    2. @L. Fox - both... it was an access road under powerlines which are about 5 minutes from the lake. People like to walk their dogs off leash under the wires.

      Delete
  3. Nice outing. Did you find any doggy willows while you were at it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Doggy willows look like pussy willows, but they have more bark. Heh heh.)

      Delete
    2. Hahahhaha!!!! Hmm... can't say I've seen any doggy willows...but the cattails are coming up. And I think the Electrified Cats Tail Moss (Rhytidiadelphus triquetrus) is doing well... Hey... why are so many plants named after cats but none after dogs???

      Delete
  4. great lakeside photos! and yes.. Life is Beary Good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Especially in Ajdin's House!! Are we going to watch Star Wars now?

      Delete