Sunday, August 2, 2015

A Hike!

Excellent! I got to go out for a hike today. We went to Englishman River, which I have to say...

...is beary low. The waterfall is somewhere over there... let's hike around and see.

Ahhh... it's good to be in the woods again.

Mmmm... the salal berries are ripe! They make an absolutely excellent jelly but we haven't tried that yet.

Now where is that waterfall... I know it's over there somewhere.

Ah-hah! it's disappearing into a beary narrow cleft.

That sure is a loonnngggg way down!

Good thing this little bear is not afraid of heights (well... not toooo much).

8 comments:

  1. You look like you had s great time, your hat is real nice too sandy, thanks for post I enjoye it matey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dumpy! It was great to get out in the woods again.

      Delete
  2. a fun hike Sandy! your outfit looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hike Sandy, I am glad you didn't go down the waterfall in a rubbermaid container.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... I don't know that I would have come out the other side beary well... water-logged stuffies do not do well.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of salal berries before...learned something new today. Looks like you were wearing a button on your shirt...what was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, salal is a west coast thing, so you probably don't have it out east. Like we don't have poison ivy... That badge was one of Beanie's giveaways, it's a cat (have to keep the local feline population happy you know).

      Delete