Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sandy's Bathroom Renovations

As a stuffy, one has an onerous job keeping up on events in a household. I was happily sitting at the computer editing my submission for Little Fox's 1st Annual Stuffy Film Festival when I heard some weird noses coming from the bathroom. At first I tried to ignore it... but it got a bit too noisy, so I had to go investigate...

Uh-oh... I see a few cans of paint and a new handheld shower head... Are we doing a reno??

Yes we are!! Oh my goodness...

The laminate floor has been ripped out, revealing vintage 70s vinyl flooring. What is that stuff???

The cabinet doors are gone...

Whew... at least the tub is still here. But apparently we are getting a new tub and surround in about a week...

Oh... and the cabinet doors, which were just plain Jane... are now getting a bit of 1/4" mdf trim to make them look kind of shaker style.

A few nail holes have to be filled... and there is still sanding, caulking and painting to do.

Honestly... why does no one consult me?? I am the supervisor of such projects! Ah-hem... am I the only one to notice that not all the laminate flooring has been ripped up? Ahhh... apparently we have to take out the toilet to get at that stuff and we are leaving that till the last minute... OK.

And then there is a lot of spackling to be done. We have the stuff that goes on pink and turns white when it is dry - cool!!! I had a look at the paint colour for the walls and approve. It is called "Cloud of Volcanic Ash"! Is that not a cool name? Grey Drizzle and Freezing Rain were two other options but I think Mama pushed the vote in a geological rather than a meteorological direction! I will post more as the project proceeds...

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe you were not consulted sooner. Typical humans.,...it looks like you are doing a total renovation (someone has been watching HGTV, eh????).

    I love the 70's vinyl flooring, beary classy (or tacky). Good job on supervising, keep those humans on time and under budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a total renovation - it started with wanting to replace the tub surround... and then might as well do the tub... and then get rid of the laminate floor (not good in bathrooms) and then.. might as well paint and redo the cabinets and... so it goes!

      Delete
  2. We're SO glad that you are supervising the project Sandy. We know from experience that seKretaries need to have a smart little bear be in charge. We can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure!! Little bears make the beary best supervisors! I will be sure to keep an eye on the progress being made.

      Delete
  3. We've got that 1960s floor vinyl in our kitchen and bathroom!!! But mostly covered up with rugs though....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh that is a good one Droopy. Sandy could also solve "The Mystery of the Missing Hammer" should that happen...

      Delete
    2. Oh that is a beary good nic-name!!!

      I could solve the Mystery of the Missing Paintbrush. The Mystery of the missing screwdriver. The mystery of the missing "you-name-it-it's-been-misplaced"!

      Delete
  5. Scruffy here, ducking in under Buttons id, teehee, don't tell him.
    This Reno stuff never seems to end. You're right Sandy, we small bears make great General Contractors when we are consulted. Although I'll admit sometimes it's hard to light a fire under our larger human worker bees. Finishing up our bathroom is next on my punch list. Then there is still some nit-picky stuff in the kitchen, some mom's are never satisfied. Can't wait to see your after pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know!! It's quite horrible... and then the whole house gets turned upside down. We have a toilet sitting in our dining room of all places!!! Sigh.

      Delete