Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sewing 101

One of the cool things with helping Gramma with things (like putting up shelves) is that Gramma then helps us with things (besides providing salmon and bluebeary pies). Mama brought her hiking pants with us because they are too long...

Gramma is super good with sewing - here she is cutting off the bottom strip of the pants...

She's doing a beary good job - I am trying to learn a few tips because I am a little rough-and-tumble bear and sometimes my clothes need repair.

But... there are a few problems...

Gramma is beary well equipped...

She has everything that anyone would need to do sewing... Hmmm... this looks complicated... maybe I will just stick with what I do best...

Finding lost things! Gramma dropped a pin on the floor...

And I am beary low to the floor so I got the job... let's see it must be around here somewhere...

Ah-hah!!! Found it!!!

Now Gramma is pinning the new hem up - this is taking a while... so I am just hanging around...

Ah... here we go... finally some actual sewing!

I don't know that I could ever get the hang of sewing - there are so many dials and settings...

But I make a great supervisor...

Not that Gramma needs supervision, of course!

There's the bottom end of the pants...

But no picture of the final product - it turned out great though. Thanks Gramma!!

6 comments:

  1. Sewing seems to be a beary difficult task, you have to have the right tools. Our sewing machine seems to be a dust magnet more than anything else right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - sewing is beary challenging. Mama says she'd much rather play with a Skil Saw than a sewing machine!

      Delete
  2. Ok, we definitely need to rent your Grandma..she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass that along to her! I think she is amazing too!!

      Delete
  3. Sewing is a beary good skill to learn. My mom can sew some buttons but that is about it. I wish she would learn to sew so she can make me some PANTS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing is beary handy... especially if you are a little bear with no pants!!

      Delete