Friday, August 1, 2014

Garden Update

Hullo! Today we are back on track... I think... Mama has told me that I get my surprise today. Actually... it was two surprises. We went to donate blood first, which is beary important.

I got a cool sticker saying to "Be nice to me.... I gave blood today" and a bandaid for my arm. They even had a request for cats and dogs to come in and donate blood (but at a vet clinic).

Do you donate blood?

And now... for my surprise... It is a garden bench!!!

OK... this is almost worth missing the trip to Vancouver... It is perfect for me...

I can sit and watch the bees dip into the flowers and supervise Mama.

Today she is putting new hose ends on this old hose...

That looks like a pretty good job but it sure is hot out...

I think I need a nap.

Oh... and this hose got repaired... I think that will work too.

Also a bit of a garden update - the plum tree has lots of plums on it...

The open end of the shed now has a wall and a door - salvaged from an old cedar shed... I think it looks bear

I helped to decorate the front of it as well...

This is our greenhouse project... it is a work in progress... beary messy at the moment.

The strawberries have sent out adventurers to stake out new territory.

The bird bath is attracting wasps who take a drink...

Oh... and there is a plum!!!

Oh yum!!! These are the MOST scrumptious plums ever!!! Probably because they are tree-ripened and hand picked. Beary juicy and sweet... yum!!!

16 comments:

  1. You are such a lucky bear. That bench looks beary versitile. Our plums are coming in season as well but they are yellowish/orange not the nice purple color you have.

    Maybe us stuffies can start a CSA sharing program. I can send my orange plums to everyone, you can send a few purple plums to everyone, Jerry and Ben can send baked goods and Ajdin and Mrs. Daisy E. Tibbs can send some of the honey cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Little Fox! It was certainly a lovely gift. We have a tree that makes little yellow plums too but after getting pruned in February, it is pouting.

      I see it now... a Stuffies Virtual Farmer's Market!

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking amazing! Green house? Plums? We're beary jealous. And that cool bear-sized bench is super nice...Ben says he deserves one in the garden too, so that he can sit outside with a cup of iced tea and look at all the flowers. We also found you a little present during our trip to California (blog post coming); it will be arriving at your place shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If ever I find another bench... I'll be sure to send it to you! You went to California?? And Little Fox went to Yellowstone?? You guys might even have passed each other on the road... unless of course, you were jet-setting little bears... Can't wait for the mail!

      Delete
    2. A postcard will arrive first, the other surprise item (and it's a beary small little thing), will arrive later. Ben picked it out.

      Delete
    3. A trip to California? Can't wait to see the posting. That sounds like so much fun. Did Jake go along?

      Delete
    4. Thanks guys! Can't wait to see your posting either!

      Delete
  3. That is the perfect sized bench for you Sandy. And also beary kind of you to donate blood today - did they tell you what your blood type is? I think I am a type B...B for bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bench is beary nice I have to say. I think every stuffie should have one. I wondered about my blood type as well - I know that humans have 4 types. Did you know dogs have 8 types? And cats have 3 types - A, B and AB. Horses have 30 (!) blood groups. That is beary complicated. I am Type B as well... I wonder if all stuffies have the same type?

      Delete
    2. Well a bench for sure, or Jerry recommends a stuffie-sized leather recliner (and Ben rolls his eyes). But a little bear can dream big!

      Delete
    3. We also have WAY too much zooKeeknee, so Ben is making bread and pancakes, but we still have too much. Any suggestions Sandy?

      Delete
    4. A leather recliner would be super nice... and with a matching-pipe, I think I could do the Sherlock Holmes thing very well!

      As for Zookeeknee... when we are overwhelmed by it, we like to run it through the food processor and shred it - then we freeze it and add it to soups or spaghetti sauce later... People don't even know they are eating zookeeknee!

      Delete
    5. I didn't realize Stuffies could donate blood. I thought we could only donate polyester. Humm, I also was not aware of cats and doggies donating blood either, but then why wouldn't they? You learn something new everyday.

      Buttons and I like you new garden bench. I particularly think it's spectacular! Where ever did you mom find it? Looks like a peaceful spot to sit and contemplate just where that bee you're watching is stashing his honey. Enjoy the rest of your Summer.

      Oh BTW Buttons says "grr-lo".

      Delete
    6. Thanks Scruffy!! Say hello to Buttons from us as well! Do you have a new blog...???

      Delete
    7. Hi Sandy, Buttons here. No new blog, no secrebeary for my old blog, sigh!! Reno reno reno will it ever end? Sometimes when the humans do it themselves it's like molasses in January, SLOW going!

      Delete
    8. There apparently is an end in sight for each reno... but not for "renos" in general. There always seems to be another project... but sometimes people need to take a break!

      Delete