Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Walk!

I got to go out for a walk today! (Finally...) The weather was nice and sunny and it was good to get out and stretch my little bear legs.

Oh look, do you see that, down in the gully? It's a shopping cart!

I think Mama should go and get it and then she can push me down the trail - because after so many weeks of inactivity, my little bear legs are pretty tired! Mama frowned a bit and muttered something about this little bear needing some exercise cause he's getting a fat butt!

Eh?? Do I look like my bum is getting fat?? I don't think so! Little bears are notoriously skinny after their winter hibernation (not enough honey)...

Hmph... I ask you... was that a nice thing for her to say about me?? Hmph...

But I forgive easily so... our next stop was a cool rock formation - you can see that is a conglomerate - made up of ancient gravel deposits...

And most exciting - there is a fossilized tree trunk in there!! Isn't that neat?? I can't wait to go on more walks (hint hint)...



9 comments:

  1. Those flowers look beautiful! Our snow is slowing melting...drip, drip, drip...but it will be a couple of weeks more before we see flowers. We bet your leather jacket keeps you warm on those hikes! Ben wants to make sure that your mom carries a thermos of hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys! My leather jacket is perfect for cool spring days. I hope your snow melts quickly so Jerry can get out and garden!

      Delete
    2. We still have about 2 feet of snow in some parts...Jerry is tapping his foot, he's obviously very impatient. Luckily he's able to watch gardening shows to keep himself occupied. How is the kitchen remodel coming?

      Delete
  2. Sandy,
    So glad you got out for a walk. Keep hinting at to your humans about more walks, I have found that sometimes they need beary frequent reminders. Cool geological formations, did you find any other cool fossils along your hike?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No other fossils but that's OK... at least I got out for a walk! I need to pester more often I think.

      Delete
  3. Those are beautiful flowers! And no, I don't think you look fat. On the contrary, you look a bit thin. I think you need some more honey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Ajdin! I will pass your comment along to Mama and let her know that even you think I need some more honey - heh-heh!!

      Delete
    2. Little bears always look a bit thin after winter, it's caused by their hibernation, or in our case at least it's sleeping more hours each day than in the summer. Dr. Ben suggests an evening bowl of ice cream, preferably with some chocolate sauce, chopped nuts and a cherry.

      Delete
  4. You are not fat but ever so cute. I'm glad you could get out and walk if that is what you like. I just like playing on my computer and going out to eat at hotels.

    ReplyDelete