Saturday, February 22, 2014

Mail Call!

Hullo!! I woke up this morning and found mail for me! Mama said it came yesterday but she forgot to give it to me... can you believe it!?

It's from Jerry & Ben... a Valentine's Day card - Thanks guys! It seemed to take a long time to get here but that's the postal service sometimes.

Our house is in the throes of a kitchen makeover (not for any TV show)... there is new flooring going in...

And the cabinets and walls are getting painted. Right now both the cabinets and walls are the same beige colour... ick... The cabinets are going to be painted white and the walls will be palest of yellows.  What with the blue counter top (not getting replaced)... I think it will have a very French-Country feel!

I would show you more but Mama says "no way hozay"... hmmmm...

8 comments:

  1. Sandy, we hope you are helping out as the job contractor, keeping everybody in line, helping to serve hot chocolate, etc. Little Bears do very good at that. We can't wait to see the new keetchun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, keeping on top of the subcontractors is a beary important job!!

      Delete
  2. We think those geese that were flying home and that agreed to deliver our Valentine must have taken a detour, or maybe they lounged around a nice lake for a few days. We're glad the card arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's the cackling gaggle that flew over on Friday! I think they got some dicey weather reports because today we have light snow!

      Delete
  3. I like your outfit Sandy.
    Things sound busy there. Be on your best HB bearhavior (helpful bear) and stay out of the wet paint. Our humans dislike nothing more than bear paw prints on painted surfaces. Or was that the paint left on the bears paw? Don't remember.
    Maybe they will let you help with the flooring. Scruffy & I helped our dad lay sticky tile at my grandma & grandpa's house in NH. Of course my secrebeary, eck hum, never posted that story, can't get good help anymore. :( But we had fun helping. :) Hozay, I'm sure mama will let you post pictures when it's all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Buttons! Oh yes... it is beary busy - and I am being beary careful to stay away from the paint. I am going to help with the flooring I hope... the cabinets are almost done and now the old linoleum is getting ripped out.

      Delete
  4. Sandy, that looks like a big project....watch your paws around wet paint. We usually hire out work like that, it seems to go faster and much smoother when a professional does the work versus my roommates. I usually supervise work like this. I think supervision is a natural skill I have and beary important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it doesn't have any electrical, plumbing or building so I'm hoping it's not toooo toooo bad. I am doing an excellent job of supervising I think!

      Delete