Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mail Call!

Hullo!! We are moving in... oh my goodness... so many boxes!! I don't remember this many boxes when we packed up everything. Did our stuff multiply in storage?? Luckily Mama numbered all the boxes and kept a log book of what was in each box. Now, I just have to find the box I am looking for.

This is not it...

Oh hey! This might be it...

***Grunt... squirm... wriggle...***

Ooohhh!! It's dark in here! Let's see... this feels about right...

Er... maybe not! I am looking for a change of clothes but this outfit feels a tad warm and a tad dressy...

Ahhh!!! My puffy coat and winter hat!! But this too feels a bit too warm...

Wa-hey!! (As Bob T. Bear would say)... this is great! It is 24 C out there... but for a little bear who is used to 40+C... it's a bit too cool for shorts and a t-shirt. Maybe I'll get used to the weather after a few weeks.

Now, it's time for mail call! Our mail arrived from our old place in Calgary - 3 and a half months worth of it! That was a lot of mail and... some was for me. Sullivan McPig sent a postcard from Rome...  Thanks Sullivan! It's a post card of Romulus and Remus. Do you know the legend about them?

Then there were some postcards that I bought off of Zazzle... This is a French street scene...

And this is a painting of old transit stubs... Can you guess who the artist is?? I'll give you a hint... It's a mouse!!! ... What??? .... Hmmm... Mama says that was too much of a hint. Oh well... it's Beanie Mouse and Andrea!

This just came in the mail yesterday!! It's a card from Jerry and Ben! I can always tell it's from them because there is always a picture of them on the bottom edge of the envelope...

Just need my letter opener... a very handy tool when you are opening dozens of envelopes!

I wonder what's in here...

Hah! It's a congratulations card!! New house and all that... and I think I deserve some congratulations that I survived SE Asia in one piece! That's it for now... rumour has it we are going on an adventure today... we'll see what that brings! And I want to show you our garden/backyard... it is beary scary!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found your green winter jacket and boots! They look so good for a Canadian winter. Happy new house! Does Sandy have his own room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW!!! You got some of our paintings on cards!!! How exciting!!! Love it.... !

    ReplyDelete